Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,981   Online: 850

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

AgfaPhoto APX 100 & 400 New from Lupus. Questions!

Hi all,

I searched a little bit, but I didn't find any clear info about the new AgfaPhoto APX 100 & 400 which are distributed by Lupus Imaging. I bought (cause were quite cheap) and used some of them, but I have no idea what's going on. I sent them an email, but never got an answer regarding the relation of these new films under the name of Agfa with the "original" films before the company closed.

1. Anybody knows where these new APXs are produced and if they have the same emulsion like Agfa's classics or we're talking for a completely different film that has only the same name with its predecessor?

2. Has anybody developed these new undefined films? Any opinions about the quality?

3. I use Kodak HC-110 developer. Anybody experimented with times, for both 400 & 100?

PS: On their web-site they have a technical data sheet, but the information is the same from the original Agfa since 2003.

Thanx,
    Fotis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I suspect that these are still the last of the Agfa emulsions.

Shooter
    35mm
    They're not "new undefined" films, treat them like APX100/400. I've used the original APX100 (Agfa), the Agfaphoto version and Rollei Retro 100. All of them are the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, cheers guys!

I really hope that these are from the same classic Agfa material.

Shooter
    35mm
    in rangefinderforum is a similar thread. There's information how to see if the films are still the old emulsions or not. I think that the new ones have a more bright emulsion side that the old ones. I have a agfa old emulsion apx 100 bulk and it's quite dark.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Please make a little search about it. It has already been told a lot.

These are absolutely NOT NEW films, but Agfa films from LEVERKUSEN, made in end of 2004 just before the plant closure.

Exactly the same as retro 100 (and former retro 400 now stock is depleted). So you have to soup them as the former APX films.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last film coating was done end of 2005
    Since then AgfaPhoto do not manufacture films themselves anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After using a little bit these 2 films, I have to say that the only obvious difference from the past pals is the gelatin which after dry becomes quite curvy. That's why I put a heavy book on the negative sheet after in order to earn flatness as much as possible and never 100%.

Even though the new Agfa Photo films are inexpensive, I will not buy them again due to this weird curving.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Curving is PITA
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Curving is PITA
    PITA? what does it mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin