Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,655   Online: 625

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fixer Confusion

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [
    What i really wanted to ask was, in Archival washing of prints which are to be toned in eithe selenium or indirect sepia (FB in particular) is there any point using an HCA with an Alkaline fix like tf3 or tf4?[/QUOTE]

Leon,
    no you don't have to use an hca with an alkaline fixer,in fact an alkaline fixer is better if you want to selenium tone your prints as this toner prefers an alkaline enviroment. I would recomend using a hca after selenium toning as selenium toner has a small amount of hypo in it.
    hope this helps

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    Note: I'm not aware of any large brand ready made alkali fixer.

Jorge O
    Would Agfa qualify as "large brand"? If so, their FX-Universal Fixer (pH=about 7.5 when diluted for B+W film and paper) is reasonably priced and very good. I use it for everything.

And, since it is made primarily for colour work, is probably going to stay on the market even if Agfa get rid of their B+W products.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin