Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,750   Online: 1107

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollei/Agfa 80s

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei/Agfa 80s

Ordered some from freestyle to see what it's like...hopefully a bit like apx100, but does anyone have any tips or tricks with it? Suggested developers?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had good luck with Rodinal 1:50...used the Retro 100 times as a starting point and it worked out well. What I noticed about the film was its clear base and no curl whatsoever.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    I had good luck with Rodinal 1:50...used the Retro 100 times as a starting point and it worked out well. What I noticed about the film was its clear base and no curl whatsoever.
    no curl is a very good thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollei Retro 80S is an Agfa Gevaert emulsion. It's a contrastly type film with even IR possibilities because the emulsion is sensitized till 750nm.

Here some examples:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/maco/di...7621747543009/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You can also see examples here
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is a lady named Jan who posts over on the Rangefinder forums, who is very up on the German film scene. She states that shooting 35mm with her Zeiss glass, this Rollei 80s is finer grained and shows more lp/mm than T-Max 100. Also, she shows that the Adox CMS 20 is apparently the finest grain and sharpest (highest lp/mm) of all. We shall see. I am encouraged by her results, and also that shown on the Tao of Leica web page.
    I have ordered some of each yesterday from Freestyle as well.

Please let us know your results; I will keep you updated on mine.
    Jed

Shooter
    35mm
    Any results on Rollei 80S ?
    Especially how & what developer to use to fix low shadow detail/highlight burnout ?
    Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I found it quite contrasty at EI 64 in Rodinal 1:100 for 40 minutes. Next time I plan to downrate it a good bit more and cut development. The base is very clear and dries flat. I have a sample shot in my gallery titled "High Voltage" if you are curious. Grain is very fine even in Rodinal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did some trials with it in Tetenal Ultrafin a while back, there were also a few contributions to the thread by others (examples as well).

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/9...in-anyone.html
    - Feel free to contribute to the thread =)

I stopped the experiments because of lack of light during the winter time, but I will take it up again when the light levels are better (primary use for me with this film in the long run is IR and regular landscape and studio/portraits).
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surveillance film, most likely has a PET base. Throw a red filter on it for extra drama.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin