Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,702   Online: 971

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Boston Amber Glass Large Mouth Bottles
    Brand New 250ml Glass Large Mouth Bottle with new metal cap.
    $1.00 each + shipping.
    $ave buy 1 dozen for $10.00 + shipping.

12 will fit in the Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box $10.70

16 will fit in the Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box, $14.50

Insurance is extra if wanted.

Pick up and save shipping!

I have an ad at APUG
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...h-bottles.html

http://camera35.com/Selling/GlassBot...1_0914_jpg.htm
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did what some of the others did -- go down to the local beer store and buy some one liter bottles of beer (brown or green) that have self-sealing flip tops. It's a two-for-one deal. Another plus (besides the obvious) is that you can always go down to get another one if you find you need more, and you don't have to pay for shipping.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    See, that would work for most people...but what I want to use it for wouldn't really work. I'm wanting the smaller ones with the narrow mouth for both my sensitizing solution and storing Rodinal and HC-110 for use with syringes. I can get a few of the baby medicine topper plastic thingies for use with syringes if I can find the bottles.

And we all know that Rodinal in a well-capped, air-tight glass bottle will last a very, very long time.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can't tell where you are located. I use mt 2 liter soda bottles and they work great. The caps seal over & over, again & again. The plastic doesn't interfere with the chemicals.

Try them & see if they work for you.

Can't beat the cost!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you are in the USA and there is a Trader Joe's near you, buy a couple of bottles of cold pressed flax oil for use in your morning oatmeal (with honey). They come in dark amber glass bottles which you can re-use for your chemicals. The anti-oxidants in the flax oil will counteract any carcinogens you expose yourself to in the darkroom.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    stephanie, that shop i listed the link for has all sorts of sizes, you should be able to find what you need there.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess you are all missing the point of my post.

Amber glass bottles are NOT NEEDED. A darkroom is sufficiently dark to keep your developers safe in ordinary glass or heavy plastic. So, why waste money?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Sparky;

Unless your darkroom is light at least 8 hours per day and uses a lot of UV, there is NOTHING in a developer solution that is overly light sensitive. You would have to BLAST it with high intensity light to cause a problem with keeping the developer around.

The big problem is AIR. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide are your enemies.

PE

Exactly. I think you're paying too much attention to the 'amber' part of it - and not to the 'glass' part of it. Clear glass would work just as well, I'm sure. I think my experiences with plastic has been with 'too cheap, too thin' stuff.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I guess you are all missing the point of my post.

Amber glass bottles are NOT NEEDED. A darkroom is sufficiently dark to keep your developers safe in ordinary glass or heavy plastic. So, why waste money?

PE
    My darkroom doubles as a laundry room. On an ordinary day, the room gets lots of light from a window. In my case, the brown bottles preserve my chemicals.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I understand your point, not everyone stores their chemistry in the dark section of their darkroom.

And , then some like the look of all those "old looking" bottles hanging around.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin