Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,515   Online: 775

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Amber Glass Bottles

i'm trying to find these glass bottles for storing my developer. can't find them anywhere. bh has them but is out of stock. any ideas?

Another question, plastic bottles would do fine with stop bath and fixer right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clear glass or good thick plastic are good enough. There is no reason to use amber bottles. You don't store the developer out in daylight do you?? It is in the darkroom, right? That should be dim enough.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I got some glass amber bottles by asking nicely at my local chemist.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    None of the ones around here even use glass anymore. It's all amber plastic. Somewhat stupid. I went looking for one for the sensitizing solution for salt printing...

Going to have to order online. Blargh.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i don't have a darkroom, probably just gonna be in the bath room or something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, if you are storing Silver Nitrate, then amber glass is best or dark plastic for the solid crystals. But you do not need dark storage containers for developers.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Try getting juice in a glass bottle and reusing it.

I like B+H's amber glass bottles. When topped off, their capacity is almost exactly as claimed. They came with rather dinky feeling plastic caps. I might try stoppers sometime.

Therein lies the problem with B&H. Given a product order of many items, it's almost impossible to order at a time when all 18 are in stock. They rotate frequently. Just wait and they'll be back. Briefly. I bought them out of stock a few weeks back; they only had three bottles though...
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ron's right. Brown Amber glass might be preferred but not necessary. Just because that's what I use is no reason for the world to follow MY example.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well- I guess I might be the sole voice of dissent here. I've had FAR greater success using (can't speak about amber since I've never used them) but BROWN glass bottles than plastic. I find if you use a good quality chemistry type brown glass bottle and keep it filled to the brim, then your chems can last up to 3x longer... perhaps it's just the plastic I was using was poor grade or something - I don't know. But that's been my experience.

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't used this place, but plan to soon.

http://www.specialtybottle.com

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin