Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first thing I did was get rid of that filter in the funnel. It seemed to slow down the process without being 'that' fine a filter. I use the filter from an expired coffee maker that is a really fine grain membrane. It is no slower than the stock filter in a funnel, it will not rip apart as paper and it is simple to clean by inverting and spraying under a stream of water and one can be used for years.

While it will handle 8 to 12 cups at a time, a gallon of liquid may prove tedious.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, all, for your responses. Yesterday I called a pro photographer acquaintance on the East coast who, like me, uses Leica equipment, and he said, "Since Microdol-X is mixed and successfully dissolved with 90-95 degree water, simply follow the instructions for mixing it but do it in your 1 gallon glass bottle. After pouring the initial dose of 3 1/2 quarts of water into your glass bottle, slowly pour the powder into the bottle, shake it intermittenly until it is dissolved, and then add the final half quart of water. This works for me every time and I never see or experience any debris on my negatives".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, tbm, it all depends. It depends on the maximum magnification of your enlargements, the overall cleanliness of your process and what you are willing to accept. There will probably be times when you want to filter solutions - especially with 35mm.

I really hate to "spot" prints and/or negatives. When I digitally scan negs, I do so with Digital ICE disabled (I hate what it does to the microstructure of the image). If I see any negative debris or damage, I look at my process to see what went out of control.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tbm,
    Are you saying that the spots on your negatives were caused by undisolved developer particles or by other debris you introduced when mixing in a bucket?

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    I suspect that the spots on my negatives were produced by a home cleaning solution substance that failed to dislodge from the sides and/or bottom of the bucket (that I had recently poured into it), for I had mixed Microdol--X in the same bucket one time before and had not experienced the despicable contamination at that time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin