Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,493   Online: 638

Images

Anyone using AZO and Amidol?

Here is the question

I have all the stuff to make 2 liters of amidol developer. I got the recipe from Michael Smith's web site. I only have 3 negs I want to print and it seems like a serious waste to mix up a liter and throw it away when I get done with those three negs. When mixed does this stuff really expire in a couple of hours?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    I personally would not waste a liter of Amidol for three negatives. A liter of Amidol will develop a lot of paper. It will last most of a day of printing but will begin running out of gas in the second day if saved overnight.

If you want to proof your three negs you might want to try another developer instead of amidol. I have used Zone VI (a Dektol variant). Also Pyro Plus Paper Developer will develop Azo at about 1/4 the cost of Amidol.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use Agfa Neutol WA. It is a hell of a lot cheaper for proofing, but does not replace amidol's great qualities.
    I always use one liter of solution for my 8x10 prints and never felt the need for more chemistry. I believe my trays are 10x12"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin