Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,636   Online: 1046

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Som Honest Inf about Pyro

There has been so much BS about pyro posted all over the net and in some magazines that View Camera and CamraArts have posted a rational and considered essay on its health aspects. The article is in the Free Article section of both web sites

www.viewcamera.com
    www.cameraartscom

This article was written by Richard Knoppow and we have posted it with his permission.

steve simmons

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The camera arts link needs a dot before com for it to link.

www.cameraarts.com

Steve,
    I just looked at both sites and could not find the article that Richard has written. Am I just not looking in the proper place or what?

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    I thought that I was the only one that couldn't find it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like Steve works faster than his webmaster, it will probably be up pretty soon.
    Wish we could get Richard Knoppow here on Apug, he's a gold mine of information and history.
    Gary Beasley

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't see it either.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    There has been so much BS about pyro posted all over the net and in some magazines that View Camera and CamraArts have posted a rational and considered essay on its health aspects. The article is in the Free Article section of both web sites
    No offense Steve, but there is no new info here. "Pyro: Some Truthful Informaion About Health Considerations" should be changed to "Pyro: Another opinion" This essay is full one the authors opinion, with no backup to why he feels this is the "truth".
    hi!

No offense Steve, but there is no new info here. "Pyro: Some Truthful Informaion About Health Considerations" should be changed to "Pyro: Another opinion" This essay is full one the authors opinion, with no backup to why he feels this is the "truth".

If you have info that says the posted info is incorrect please share it.

steve simmons

Shooter
    Large Format
    Steve,

Thank you for posting this essay by Mr. Knoppow. I respect Mr. Knoppow both for his knowledge and his experience. I am a user of Pyro based developers and enjoy the benefits of those developers in my photography.

I think what I gather from this essay by Mr. Knoppow is nothing different then what I have heard repeated time after time after time. The point that Bmac makes is valid. Mr. Knoppow does not offer any validation (apart from his opinion) for his points of view.

To offer a rebuttal to Bmac of Mr. Knoppow's viewpoint is simply an opportunity to interject another view point which would serve no good purpose. By Mr. Knoppow's own admission, no tests have been performed of the long term effects of pyro exposure. I respect his viewpoint of prudent measures to limit exposure. But again these are nothing new.

Insofar as the effects of pyro on the film itself, I find Sandy King's article (www.unblinkingeye.com) to be much more informative and lucid in the basis of it's stated position and the reasoning pertaining to that position.

Thanks again for your efforts and your service to the photographic community.

Images
    I'm not saying it isn't correct. I am saying it is yet another opinion article that is posted as "the truth". For what it's worth, I am a Pyro user (Rollo Pyro, and Pyrocat HD). I have no info that says what you have posted is incorrect, if I did, I'd let you know. My question to you was basically, Where is the truth in that article? So Mr Publisher, where is the backup to his opinion?
    hi!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin