Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,459   Online: 888

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Any underground chem smuggling to NZ?

Well, getting a bit down over the chemistry situation here in NZ. I decide I would like some thiocarbamide. Seems easy enough, about 6bucks for 100grams in the U.S.

STOP!

*We can not ship this internationally*

Every door slammed in my face. So I source some thiocarbamide in NZ from a chem distributor. They want $158NZ dollars and it has to be 500grams.

I fear I am going to face the same issues with other chemistry as well (pyro, amidol, etc)

not sure what to do?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Well, getting a bit down over the chemistry situation here in NZ. I decide I would like some thiocarbamide. Seems easy enough, about 6bucks for 100grams in the U.S.

STOP!

*We can not ship this internationally*

Every door slammed in my face. So I source some thiocarbamide in NZ from a chem distributor. They want $158NZ dollars and it has to be 500grams.

I fear I am going to face the same issues with other chemistry as well (pyro, amidol, etc)

not sure what to do?
    Who did you talk to? Michal Jacobson at Artcraftchemicals ships to me, and I get the feel NZ is similar to Mexico and it`s chemicals laws, here I cannot get sodium carbonate unless I have a special permit from the govemerment, nevermind that I can go and buy bicarbonate for baking and make it carbonate..lol....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Who did you talk to? Michal Jacobson at Artcraftchemicals ships to me, and I get the feel NZ is similar to Mexico and it`s chemicals laws, here I cannot get sodium carbonate unless I have a special permit from the govemerment, nevermind that I can go and buy bicarbonate for baking and make it carbonate..lol....
    This sounds promising, I'll try them and see. Thanks for the tip!

Shooter
    35mm
    Sean

Johnny, at
    http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/index.htm
    Ships lots of stuff internationally.

Jorge O
    Curitiba - nice place to live, if you don't care about the weather...

Shooter
    35mm
    Jorge

And I thought the guys over here were paranoid! Carbonate!
    (but then triethanolamine, sodium sulfate, etc... are black listed)

Jorge O
    Curitiba - nice place to live, if you don't care about the weather...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    whew, the artcraft guy says he can ship whatever I need

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    Jorge

And I thought the guys over here were paranoid! Carbonate!
    (but then triethanolamine, sodium sulfate, etc... are black listed)

Jorge O
    It is not paranoia chara, it is just another way from extracting money from you......they could not care less if I buy nitroglycerin, but I do have to have this permit which obviously costs money...

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    whew, the artcraft guy says he can ship whatever I need
    Sean

down here in Wellington I buy through Artcraft and haven't had problems so far. I tried that guy in Canada but he quoted outrageous shipping charges so I gave him a miss.

Some stuff you can buy locally if you know where to look. I have a few things in bulk if you're after anything in particular, let me know.

Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by claytume
    Sean

down here in Wellington I buy through Artcraft and haven't had problems so far. I tried that guy in Canada but he quoted outrageous shipping charges so I gave him a miss.

Some stuff you can buy locally if you know where to look. I have a few things in bulk if you're after anything in particular, let me know.

Clayton
    Thanks Clayton, at this stage I'd like some thiocarbamide, pyrocat HD, and Amidol formula. But not sure you'd have any of those?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Amidol, Amidol??? You heretic, you have been assimilated and crossed over to the dark side you traitor!....... :P

I better say I am just kidding before Michael jumps down my throat... Looking forward to them azo prints Sean...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin