Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,623   Posts: 1,647,751   Online: 917

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Need Film For Inter-Positives

Hi:

I have some 8x10 and 4x5 negatives that look better as a negative image. So, I'd like to get a film that I can contact print or enlarge the negative onto, process in domething like Dektol and end up with a positive that I can then print and get a negative image on the paper. I know there used to be films from Kodak and AGFA that would do this, but they are discontinued.

Can anyone recommend a film that's available now in 4x5 and 8x10 at least?
    I would like to be able to control contrast by varying development\printing times like these older films.

Thanks.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any ortho film will work. Ilford makes one so does freestyle in their arista brand, and there are a few others. I've seen them in all sizes. You process them in dekotl under a yellow safe light, or if you want real control make it red. I found it works best in a very dilute dektol soup.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I want to copy and enlarge negatives for alt.processes I use Bergger BPFB 18, which is an ortho film and can be used with a red darkroom safelight. There is nothing to stop you from using conventional film except that you have got to observe normal conditions of darkness until the time you make an exposure.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Images
    Good Morning, Mike,

Aggie's comment is accurate. Kodalith can give decent results. If I recall correctly, I used Dektol at 1:15 for about a minute and a half. At least that should be a good starting point.

Konical

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin