Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,742   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is very light. Light enough for me to have tried to expose the wrong side a few times!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    While we're on postcard printed paper, does anyone knows of a source of 6x4 inkjet paper back-printed as a postcard?

(Please don't shout at me, it's not for printing photos, it's a request for printing graphic cards for a charity. )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    While we're on postcard printed paper, does anyone knows of a source of 6x4 inkjet paper back-printed as a postcard?

(Please don't shout at me, it's not for printing photos, it's a request for printing graphic cards for a charity. )
    You could print the back on yourself?

What if we ran our 4x6 prints through the inkjet printer to put a post-card setup on the back. That way we could make it as dark or as light as we wanted. Has anyone ever printed on the back of a developed black and white print?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why don't we all just accept the Ilford product as the awesome product it is? There are reasons for it being printed the way it is as was said by Simon earlier. I think we should all be thankful Ilford still makes post card paper long after everyone else stopped making it. Standing ovation from me Ilford bravo for keeping this product going!!!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Why don't we all just accept the Ilford product as the awesome product it is?
    Absolutely. I even made a single size easel to print on this paper. I still have an almost full box I must use up though.

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Easel-Top.jpg   Easel-Rear.jpg  
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 04-16-2010 at 07:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not dissing the Ilford paper at all. I was just curious if my batch was alright.
    Take it easy Stephen

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I didn't think you were dissing it, I admit I was curious about the density of the ink a few years ago when i first printed on it. but I love the material and thought ide say thanks for it. its great stuff isn't it shimoda?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It IS nice. Now I will pester all my friends with my art

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey chaps

Any idea where I can purchase this product in New Zealand? I've asked around in the past and gotten blank stares, pretty much.

Cheers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ilford Postcard stock has been great for APUG. I think the Postcard Exchange is the easiest way to get to see a lot of real prints from a good number of active APUG members. Even if they're not intended as fine prints or mounted and matted, and they can get a bit mangled in transit, they're much more representative of the participants' actual work than the scans in the online galleries, and it's more fun, in my opinion, to have real postcards arriving in the mail all the time. Some participants just print on other paper and cut it to size, of course, and we've occasionally had alt-process prints in the Postcard Exchange, but Ilford Postcard stock really makes it convenient for a lot of people to participate.

Thanks Ilford!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin