Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,334   Online: 1038

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    Hey chaps

Any idea where I can purchase this product in New Zealand? I've asked around in the past and gotten blank stares, pretty much.

Cheers
    I bought mine from http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/

r

mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

I never thought anyone was 'dissing us' either.......

I really love the postcard paper...especially as quite a few come back to me personally from the APUG community, at least one every day ( my personal favourite this year is Tim Gray from the USA : Shot of guy in park in the rain - superb ) and we do put them all up in the reception corridor ! The ultimate in recycling...

I really get the true feeling of the worldwide nature of our community... most from the US of A, although pro rata I get more from Australia than anywhere else...Canada second.

Hopefully I will now get one from Finland....

Regards and many thanks : Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

I never thought anyone was 'dissing us' either.......

I really love the postcard paper...especially as quite a few come back to me personally from the APUG community, at least one every day ( my personal favourite this year is Tim Gray from the USA : Shot of guy in park in the rain - superb ) and we do put them all up in the reception corridor ! The ultimate in recycling...

I really get the true feeling of the worldwide nature of our community... most from the US of A, although pro rata I get more from Australia than anywhere else...Canada second.

Hopefully I will now get one from Finland....

Regards and many thanks : Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Sure. What address?

Would be nice to see a picture of this corridor.

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Harman Technology Limited,
    Ilford Way,
    Mobberley,
    Knutsford,
    CHESHIRE.
    WA16 7JL
    ENGLAND

Simon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yay! I'm glad you liked my photo Simon. I always make sure to send one to you guys and someone at Kodak.

I go through more postcard paper than anything. It's great stuff. If you can find a 4x6 speed easel, it's even better

Shooter
    35mm
    I really like it too. I normally don't like glossy RC much--not only have I never printed on it, I never got it from labs when I used to get dev + print. But there's something really soothing about the gloss on the postcard paper. I printed a few dupes the last time I was sending something out...I'll pass one on to Ilford.

Oh, about that faint text on the back--almost without fail I print upside down. Uh, part of the charm of a homemade postcard, right?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is such a great product. I love printing them. When I have a stack printed I include one with each out-going film/paper order. I'm not sure the people receiving them get as excited about them as I do.

If you have problems finding them in New Zealand as the store if they can purchase Ilford's RC Portfolio Papers. The 4x6 is actually the postcard paper. Pearl seems to stand up to shipping the best.

-rob skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re : Simon R Galley's posts..

Simon, you are unlikely to get any postcards from New Zealand. The local Ilford distributor refuses to stock Portfolio or Postcard papers, and has maintained this position ever since the product was introduced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to dredge up an old subject, but I was doing my 'newbie' due diligence and used the search function.

Does anyone know if you can use any kind of inked stamp on the FRONT of the postcard, after printing?

After viewing a DIY Craft website the other day, I was struck with an idea for personalized Christmas cards. The process would include a sizeable red ink stamp on the front with personal greetings written in the normal areas on the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Not to dredge up an old subject, but I was doing my 'newbie' due diligence and used the search function.

Does anyone know if you can use any kind of inked stamp on the FRONT of the postcard, after printing?

After viewing a DIY Craft website the other day, I was struck with an idea for personalized Christmas cards. The process would include a sizeable red ink stamp on the front with personal greetings written in the normal areas on the back.
    If it behaves like regular paper (and it should), then regular scrapbooking type stamps/ink should work. I've stamped on pearl RC with pigment inks and used embossing powder (I don't recommend the powder 'cause heating it to melt it causes the surface to bubble - duh ). But the ink worked fine. I suspect the dye based ones would work ok, too, since they dry faster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin