Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,516   Online: 861

Thread: LC29

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

LC29

I've just bought my first bottle of LC29 (Everything else was sold out!). My usual films are fp4 (roll film), delta 100 for 35mm. Up till now I've been using Rodinal at 1 + 50 (Occasionally 1+100 to reduce contrast.)

Does anyone use these combo's and if so can you offer any advice regarding dilutions, times and iso ratings?

Cheers

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,
    Go to www.digitaltruth.com and have a look in the Massive Development Chart.
    Cheers
    Hans

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks, I've been and had a look but was looking for more personal recommendations from experience, especially how the various dilutions affect the result. eg contrast, grain tonality etc.

Cheers

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Martin,

I've used a lot of LC29 (it keeps well, unlike Ilfosol... but not in the Rodinal logevity stakes)

My FP4+ (EI 100) time is 6:00mins at 1:29 dilution @ 20C
    Haven't souped many Delta 100's in it but at 1:19 dilution I've been hovering around 6mins too.

Since you mentioned Rodinal 1:100 to reduce contrast, I'd advise taking 30secs off those times to achieve that. My negs were printing G1 to G2 on a condensor enlarger and (now) with no filtration on a colour diffuser.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Nige

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin