Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,956   Online: 892

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    One more thing... Polymax FB SW has an amazingly small amount of drydown effect. It takes some getting used to in the beginning.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    One more thing... Polymax FB SW has an amazingly small amount of drydown effect. It takes some getting used to in the beginning.
    That's another excellent point Neal. The Polymax drydown does indeed appear minimal.

Putting in another plug for single weight paper, don't be afraid of it. It does dry with a pronounced curl around the edges but the curl is easily removed with a few seconds in a dry mount press or a clothes iron (with some mat board for protection). Flattening a single weight print is easier, and I think it handles easier in the darkroom.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Images
    I have found the SW very easy to handle. It is cheaper and washes quicker. I use the "hang and press it" method of drying. It comes out of the press with a very mild curl and after a couple of days of being stored flat, it loses even that.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Superb. I only use seagull more often as I have found availability in the UK of the kodal fine art to be les than ideal. The standard white based glossy has a warmer base than the seagull, but is produces a nice cool image tone in cold devs, but otherwise is pretty neutral. Yes it does do a better job with overcooked highlights compared to MG1V. Stands next to seagull with NO problems. I found it about 1/2 a grade less contrasty than ilford multigrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin