Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,708   Online: 922

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone use Kentmere Papers?

Hi - carrying on with another paper question. Our local supplier has started stocking Kentmere Fineprint VC, Art Collection, VC Select. Anyone had any experience using these papers? Would be interested to know if you liked it...
    Last edited by John McCallum; 06-23-2004 at 09:37 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John

Have used one, which I can't rember, and it was nice. Lovely blacks for an enlarging paper. I know people who use it and really like it.

Out of interest, who's stocking it up there?
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Art Range is particularly nice although I believe they have discontinued Art Classic the one that I really liked. Can you let us know the manes of the art range available to you. I also tested the Fineprint paper for them when they first launched it and thought that it was good but not quite up to the standard of the Forte, Agfa MCC, Oriental Seagull and Ilford range of papers. It represents great value for money for it is less expensive that the other papers mentioned.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    The Art Range is particularly nice although I believe they have discontinued Art Classic the one that I really liked. Can you let us know the manes of the art range available to you. I also tested the Fineprint paper for them when they first launched it and thought that it was good but not quite up to the standard of the Forte, Agfa MCC, Oriental Seagull and Ilford range of papers. It represents great value for money for it is less expensive that the other papers mentioned.
    Art Classic is still listed on their website http://www.kentmere.co.uk/main/kentmere.htm although this may just mean that their site is out of date. If you're right then I'm gutted as I've just started to play around with this paper and really like it...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=FrankB]Art Classic is still listed on their website http://www.kentmere.co.uk/main/kentmere.htm although this may just mean that their site is out of date. If you're right then I'm gutted as I've just started to play around with this paper and really like it

I base my comment on that fact that Fotospeed Charcoal was discontinued some time ago and Charcoal was Kentmere Art Classic but with the emulsion coated on to the other side of the paper base. Fotospeed told me that the paper base supplier could not make it any more and Kentmere had problems in finding an alternative. I do know that Kentmere did change the formula for Art Classic a few years ago because they had to stop using cadmium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe Kentona was also radically changed when Kentmere were obliged to remove the Cadmium. It altered the colour characteristics considerably especially when used to make lith prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used to like Art Classic a lot too, especially for lith printing. Since they have removed the cadmium, I don't really like the colours anymore.

I've recently bought a pack of Kentona, for lith printing, but I haven't got round to trying it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I wish I had started BW printing earlier so I could have had the oppurtunity to try some of the wonderful products that have already been discontinued...

It's nice to know however, that there is still a range of choices available.

Sometimes i have the irrational urge to go out and buy a good supply of everything that's still out there, so I don't miss a chance to try these products as well. Unfortunatly, not financially practical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you let us know the manes of the art range available to you
    Sure Les, I'll find out about Art Classic. They had some samples out of the art range and it did look very nice. Good to know you like it. I'm thinking about trying it for a small exhibition coming up soon. The pricing seemed quite different to what I pay for AGFA MCC 111 - approx 50% more on avg. But I'll check that.

Quote Originally Posted by livemoa
    John

Out of interest, who's stocking it up there?
    It's actually stocked at 'The Photo Warehouse' on Gt North Rd. They say they've always stocked it, but I've never seen it. Think they are just trying to suck me in again after an incident where they ripped me off a few weeks ago (and I let them know I knew it). If you are going to buy from there, I would recommend checking their pricing if you can.
    By the way; love the name (I think there are a few people in the Royal Forest and Bird Soc looking for you).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... Can you let us know ....
    Hi again. Good news. Just spoke with Photo Warehouse and they currently have in stock:
    Art Classic - 16x20
    Art Document 3 - 12x16,16x20
    Document Art - 16x20
    RC Art - 8x10, 16x20
    Fineprint VC - 12x16, 16x20
    VC Elite - 12x16
    VC Select - 8x10

The sales person says they would have other sizes available from their other stores, and they have a regular supply.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin