Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,708   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    If I were developing TriX in tray in Pyrocat (1-1-100), for instance, I would try development of 10 1/2 minutes at 70 degrees as a beginning and adjust from there as needed. However, considering the reciprocity effect you may not require as much expansion as first believed.
    When would you begin inspecting?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a lab in New York that does this sort of work using infra red. I think they used to advertise on the site, but cant remeber the name
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    When would you begin inspecting?
    Considering that these are negs for enlargement, 8 1/2 min.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by livemoa
    There is a lab in New York that does this sort of work using infra red. I think they used to advertise on the site, but cant remeber the name
    Actually they still do, its MV labs
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format

sorry guys

Update-

Man, I may have acted a little impulsively this weekend.... (I've said THAT too many times)-

I had been agonizing over developing these negs, and considering the DBI suggestion (which was probably the smartest idea)- but I just wasn't sure about it and needed to spend some time getting familiar with a new process- I also read about a million opinions about which developer is good for TXP320 (seems that for every person who advocates HC110 there is another who doesn't care for it)

Long story short- I got impatient and decided to use my own limited skills and experience to do the best I could and be done with it.
    My favorite neg to date that has that "glow" was TX320 in FG-7. So I decided to go with that. Since the shots were bracketed, I did them one at a time, and worked out development times based on the previous neg. After a while, I found the time that was working the best (approx. 8 min, shuffle for 4, stand for 4) and did the remainder in quick succession.

The results? I don't deserve to be so lucky.
    Turns out I nailed those repricocity(sp?) estimates pretty good (or it's pretty hard to blow out that good 'ol Tri-X)... these negs look great! They are a hair dense, but I can read a newspaper through most parts, ALL the shadow detail is good, and the highlights don't look blown out- I think the stand dev helps on that. Man, whatta relief!

(I'm really starting to like this FG-7, I wonder if it is chemically just a D76 variation, or another animal altogether, anyone know?)

Anyhow, I guess all that nail-biting was for nothing...
    As always, thanks for the support (and putting up with my lack of experience which leads to these paranoid posts!)

Matt

Images
    I really like FG-7. It has been my main dev. for so many years that I have forgotten what comparisons originally led me to adopting it. I use it mixed with 9% sodium sulfite for fast, small format films and with water for more accutance with slow films. Tri-X has always given me excellent results in FG-7, I've never used it in trays but I'm not surprised that you had such good results.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin