Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,113   Online: 963

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

My local paper selection, need advice..

Well, this is basically what I have to choose from 'locally'. I'll need some 8x10 paper for my 35mm black and white work shot on tri-x, I usually like a cold tone look and am also considering toning in thiocarbamide. If some of you could have a look at the list and tell me if anything really leaps out at you please let me know. Thanks!

http://www.aucklandcamera.com/paper.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Ilford Multigrade Cooltone?
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think there is another shop in town that has some Ilford. Also how long does this paper store, especially variable contrast paper? One shop has some vc kentmere paper and it's collecting dust, I think it's been on the shelf well over a year..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, I set up my darkroom after a ten-year lapse and I used both Ilford and Agfa VC paper that was even older than that. No problem.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Well, this is basically what I have to choose from 'locally'. I'll need some 8x10 paper for my 35mm black and white work shot on tri-x, I usually like a cold tone look and am also considering toning in thiocarbamide. If some of you could have a look at the list and tell me if anything really leaps out at you please let me know. Thanks!

http://www.aucklandcamera.com/paper.html
    Forte and Zone VI papers are excellent. I would not hesitate in recommending them. I have used both and liked both.
    Oh! and BTW, I have paper that is about 6 years old and it is sitll good as new, as a matter of fact some of it is Zone VI.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Has anyone used Zone VI VC? and if so what dev? Dektol maybe?

thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Zone VI in Dektol will work. Forte Polywarmtone in Amidol will go neutral. It prints with a wonderful "presence" in Dektol...even if it is warmer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Has anyone used Zone VI VC? and if so what dev? Dektol maybe?

thanks!
    Hi Sean. Haven't used Zone VI, but have been using AGFA Classic MC111 FB VC, and find it to be really nice, excellent in fact, to my liking. Really like the cold tone print from it. Also takes well to Selenium or Agfa Veridon toning. If you are interested to try it, I have an alternative supplier who you may not know.
    Have tried the Kentmere stock you are probably referring too and it's lovely. Quite pricey by comparison with the papers you have been looking at.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Zone VI Brilliant VC is same as Ilford.

Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Forte Polygrave V Fiber is very nice, and is my standard paper now. For some scenes I still use Kodak Polymax Fine Art (fiber). For RC I like the Ilford Cooltone. The Forte RC is also OK. I could easily live with what that store stocks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin