Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,929   Online: 1107

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have always found HP5 to be very sharp (acutance) and very forgiving of exposure. It also holds highights very well. In a staining dev it is VERY hard to blow highlights. Like TriX it has a gritty look that suits urban images. Like Trix it can be pushed to 1600 or so. Deevelop it in pretty much anything....perceptol @ISO 200 for surprisingly fine grain or ID11 1+1 for general use. The acid test is which prints just have that sparkle. Most of my HP5 prints do, though I am conservative on the degreee of enlargement.

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole,

EFKE 25 and 50 films are classified as "orthopanchromatic" due to the red sensitivity that stops well below modern panchromatic films. That is why it makes such good portraits and landscape pictures. I think EFKE 100 is more in the normal pan range. J&C Classic 200 and 400 have extended red sensitivity and are "superpanchromatic", but short of infrared.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    EFKE 25 and 50 are "orthopanchromatic", 100 is panchromatic... And then there's MACO CUBE 400c, which extends barely into the infrared - about like Ilford SFX. While MACO UP100+ is reputed (by a good source) to be identical to EFKE PL100. Same source also claimed all Bergger emulsions are made by Fotokemika, which makes EFKE...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love this website. When the manufacturers outsource their products someone in APUG is always there to tell who is really making them. Did I read someplace that MACO is out of business and thus the abundance of low cost "surplus" MACO film?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin