Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,842   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adox MCP 312...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Adox MCP 312 is a great paper for sure. Actually, it is the first RC paper that I really like - and that I use for prints, not only for contact sheets ;-) I never was a fan of the Ilford MGIV paper, to be honest. MCP 312 has a wonderful tonal range from whitest white to darkest black and with beautiful midtones. Another thing that I like is that it is not too fast - it gives me enough time for dodging and burning.

The semi-matte surface is just beautiful.

The base paper comes from Schoeller. I didn't find it too thin, but then again I only use 24 * 30 cm.

Like MCC 110, is this another old Agfa emulsion that Adox has reissued?
    AFAIK yes. The base is different, but the emulsion should be the same. Mirko Böddecker from ADOX Fotoimpex is a member/partner of this forum. Maybe he reads this post and can supply a more precise answer.

MCP is cheaper than Ilford's MGIV at fotoimpex.de (http://www.fotoimpex.de/catalogus/fi...1059-full.html ).

Sandra

pmu

Shooter
    35mm
    How does Adox MCP semi-matte handle retouching? What do you retouch it with?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pmu View Post
    How does Adox MCP semi-matte handle retouching? What do you retouch it with?
    I retouched it with spotone and a 00000-brush. Retouching does not differ much from other RC papers, i.e. baryt is easier to spot.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am shopping for paper these days and find one thing interesting: you can purchase a box with 100 sheets of top quality, popular 8x10" papers for 34 Euros or for more than 70 Euros even if you just look into prices on some well-known mailorder sites.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hope that it is ok if I bring up this somewhat older thread.

Yesterday evening, I was printing my postcards for the postcard exchange on MCP. For comparison, I printed the same negative on MGIV RC. The developer was LPD 1:4. My impression was that MGIV turned out a bit warmer, with a bit less contrast.
    I have to add that my Adox paper is fresh, while my Ilford paper is several years old.

Now I would like to ask if MGIV RC is a tad warmer than MCP in general or if it was just because of my Ilford paper being older than my Adox?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    *gentle reminder*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using MCP312 for a while now, and it is a very interesting paper. It has a very large contrast range, particularly at the low end. It is quite easy to judge when wet, but it has an interested dry down effect - it gets warmer. When wet, this paper is a neutral black. In a cold tone developer, it warms slightly on drying but remains mostly neutral. In a warm tone developer it warms quite noticeably on drying and keeps getting subtly warmer for a couple of days. The final tone is quite pleasant and seems to be predictable.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Started with MCP 312 gloss and pearl and so far in my limited (recent) experience I much prefer them to the MGIV I have just been trying.

As for the semi-matte – I think they'd be better clearly selling it as 'pearl'. I'd prefer a proper semi-matte.

Talking Agfa, I wish we could get Brovira again. I loved that paper.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by swittmann View Post
    Now I would like to ask if MGIV RC is a tad warmer than MCP in general or if it was just because of my Ilford paper being older than my Adox?
    Sandra,

I use(d) MGIV (as Tetenal Vario Comfort) and the original Agfa MCP in Tetenal Variospeed W (a neutral to slightly warm developer).
    At a close look the MGV has a warmer base but colder (more blueish) blacks. The MCP has a slightly colder base but warmer blacks.
    I would sum it up to:
    MGV has a warmer base but MCP has the warmer emulsion.
    I experienced this with fresh and older paper.

I have no experience with ADOX MCP but I read that the base has changed.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Andreas, thank you for your response. One interesting thing is that I found the Ilford to be warmer, while my husband said the Adox appeared warmer to him...

I have no experience with ADOX MCP but I read that the base has changed.
    I have a box of Agfa MCP 310 and one of the Adox MCP 310. The base of the Adox is whiter, but not to a large extent. I have never tried MCC (neither Agfa nor Adox), maybe the difference between them is more visible, I don't know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin