Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,625   Online: 1057

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It would appear to me that a factor in this process is the different conditions of the water in different areas. I have always used tap water with Kodak foto flo at about 1/2 the recommended stregth. roll films get a squeege and the 4x5 sheets just get a "light shake" then I hang them in a "cabinet" that I made from a plastic wardrobe. No streaks and no dust.
    I would also like to say that there is a right way to use a squeege. It should be purpose made, soft rubber with "overlapping lips", and it should be rinsed in warm water before use and, of course, it should only be used on film that is really soaking. If these steps are followed then even moderate amounts of dust will not cause scratches (in theory ). It sounds like this method would not work for Les because he gets water marks. I am speculating that this is due to the water ....

Tim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Oh yeah, and I guess there is a right way to spell it too....squeegee

Images
    This is kind of interesting. I was at the JOBO FAQ and one of them was:
    "Why can't I use stabilizer, Photo Flo, or other wetting agents in my JOBO tanks?". I figured that probably had to do with foaming but was surprised when I read their answer: http://www.jobo-usa.com/faq/stabilizer_on_reels.htm

To tell the truth in many years of working in commercial photo labs. I have never noticed a problem with steel reels or tanks or racks or rollers. I have seen some munged up plastic reels but never really made the association to wetting agents or stabilzers.

For what it's worth, I thought that I'd pass it along.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin