Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,463   Online: 1133

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for creating confusion, Kevin. My typing fingers got out of synch with my brain.

My sentence should have said: " I rinse the film in water for about 1 minute before going into the FIXING bath."

I do not use a stop bath. Or, if you like, I use a water rinse as my stop bath.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    I am a bit confused now. I tought that you go from developer tray to tray of water that is the stop. So above you go into a stop bath? What does the stop bath consist of and how long?

Thanks again,

Kev
    I use the H2O as the stop and don't use the stop bath chemicals at all. Just into the water for a minute and then in the fixer. Confusion is a state of mind where I live almost all the time now days.

lee\c

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Shew, I thought I misread something. Thanks!

I have one more question and hate to sound like an idiot but here it goes. When you do the rinse to you place the neg in a tray with running water or just put the neg in a tray of water and agitate for a minute?

Thanks again,

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I put the neg in a tray of water and agitate for a minute.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Thank you very much. This is great as now less chemistry that I have to use.

For now I just need

Dev (Tmax developer almost out and going to try rodinal, pyro)
    Water - Stop
    Fix
    wash.

Thanks,

Kev

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    I put the neg in a tray of water and agitate for a minute.

Same here

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Maybe we can have a new forum here just on chemical recipes? I've always wanted to get the Film and Darkroom cookbook books but I can always find someone who knows something (after a lengthy search). So maybe we can start posting some recipes in a new forum? It'll save me money by not buying the books
    Sounds like a good idea, or we can simply post the recipes as a short article to make it easier to track down.
    Gary Beasley

Images
    More years ago than I like to admit, but like to brag about, Edwal fixer concentrate came with a suggestion that you add fixer concentrate directly to the used developer, using both in one-shot manner. I have found that this also works with TF4. You need enouugh head space, if you using a tank, to hold 1/16 of the amount of developer, so you may have to pour out a little developer. This trick comes in handy sometimes when you're on the road and want to see some results before you leave the scene. You carry a tank, a bottle of developer concentrate, a bottle of fixer concentrate and a graduate.

Needless to say, you agitate vigorously after adding the fixer to the developer to get thorough and rapid mixing.
    Gadget Gainer

Images
    Not much, if anything. It is convenient in terms of number of vessels you carry or maintain, and consistent because of the one-shot use. I have not tried it with true stand developing, so I don't know if it has advantages there, but I would be willing to take Tom Hoskinson's word for it.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just developed a roll of Kodak TMY 400 in Pat Gainer's PC-TEA developer (Triethanolamine, L-ascorbic acid, phenidone). I used Pat's one-shot fix procedure (TF-4 concentrate). The agitation was gentle, 10 seconds/minute for 9.5 minutes at 70F. I am attaching the densitometry data and curve that resulted (as a PDF file).

I have another roll of 120 TMY exposed under identical conditions. I try it stand developed for 13 minutes and post the results.
    Attached Files
    Tom Hoskinson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin