Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,686   Online: 929

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

legacy pro film developer

[I] just bought some Legacy-Pro film developer. It dose not have processing times on it. Dose anyone know where I can get a developing chart?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's a Freestyle Sales Co product, is it not? If so, they have developer charts on their website.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is it, they make a clone of Microdol/Perceptol, D76, Tmax dev etc, what's the Number ?

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    It is, but I couldn't find Legacy-Pro on the chart. I bought it because I use the film ( I love the fine grain it has). I've never had a problem developing it with D-76, just wanted to see if it made any difference.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not quite sure what your asking, Ian, I'm quite new to the darkroom business. Matter of fact, just finished building it yesterday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The LegacyPro developer must have a number like - L110R or L-76, Lmax etc.

The Legay Pro range is made by PSIinc, who also make colour chenistry kits, it was previously sold as Kentmere chemistry when Freestyle were the US distributor of Kentmere papers prior to Ilford taking over Kentmere.

So look for Kentmere developer on Digitaltruth

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    rb,

What Ian is asking is what is the full name of the developer package?? LagacyPro is a repackage of the Kentmere products L76 was K76, L110 was K110, and LMax was KMax. Go to the site and look at the developing chart for the times. It can be done 2 ways film used and developer or just select the developer and it will give you all the films and times. You should find that the L line of products very good. I know because I did some of the early testing on the product for FreeStyle. We did some side by side with the Yellow Box stuff.

Trust Me it is a good product.

Jan Pietrzak

Ps, use the Kentmere name for the product

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Often the chemists at companies like PSInc (who make Unicolor chemistry) are ex Kodak etc so have good knowledge of the original products, thats certainly the case of Fotospeed in the UK.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I understand now Ian. It is L-76. Im still having no luck finding a developing chart though. L-76, k-76, L110, LMax and KMax are not on Freestyle's developing chart. I did however create a chart for Legacy-Pro film. One of the developers I am fimiliar with is the Kodak D-76. Sshould I just use the same developing times for D-76 with the L-76?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is D76/ID-11, so use the Kodak/Ilford times as a staring point. This formula was made by many companies at one time, the 1930's equivalent of Open Source.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin