Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 848

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Efke100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Efke100

Just purchased several rolls of Efke100 to 'play' with. I'm a 'tried and true' Tri-X and HP5 gal so this will be a bit different for me. I shoot straight natural light/indoor/outdoor (no flash or studio work) so I'm curious to see the difference in these films (Tri-X and Efke).

For those of you who have worked with this film...anything you have to comment on it about? Any 'do's and don'ts'? Have any examples from from using Efke?

Dorothy--

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Dorothy, my only experience with Efke 100 is their sheet film. Best film I have ever used. It is very fragile (easily scratched or gouged) but well worth the effort and, in my opinion, minimal expense. Nearly 80 percent of the images in my website are from Efke 100 negatives.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    As Francesco says, handle the film carefully when wet, but it's a beautiful film. I also recommend a 2-min presoak to remove the blue-green dye, which doesn't seem to come out in the fix/wash so well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Francesco and David...thank you! I appreciate those snippets of information on handling and processing.

Francesco...you have some beautiful work on your site. I enjoyed viewing your photos. Also...the images of you with your camera look as though they had come from the pages of the old Life Magazines from many years ago. Great shots!!

I can't wait to work with this film! Thanks again you two!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Francesco and David - Efke 100 is a great film! I have shot a lot of it as 120 roll film. I also shoot it in 4x5 and recently in 8x10 sheet sizes. I expose and process it the same way in all 3 formats. Like Francesco, I develop it in Pyrocat-HD. I also pre-soak in water for 2 minutes.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Use it in 2X3 & 4X5 formats and am considering switching to it also for 120mm. Only problems I've had with it is in development occasionally getting bubbles in negative. Been developing in 2 yr old Diafine & not paying much attention to water temp. Am switching to Rodinal & semi-stand for hopefully more consistent results.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy Blum Cooper
    Francesco...you have some beautiful work on your site. I enjoyed viewing your photos. Also...the images of you with your camera look as though they had come from the pages of the old Life Magazines from many years ago. Great shots!!
    Glad you like them Dorothy. I am also glad that you got that impression of those photos of me. You are the first to agree with my assessment of those photos. My family and friends think I look like a small time crook from the 1930s.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Blue/Green dye? S'funny, my Efke 100 has a dark red dye.

So far I've found it a good (and cheap!) film which I have only just started using but I've found it very fragile when wet, so handle with care. It also seems to be thinner than other films making it curl up when dry.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    My family and friends think I look like a small time crook from the 1930s.
    Francis, your family will understand the reality but how did you convince your friends ?!
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Roy, I haven't and I doubt I ever will. Those bums!
    Francesco

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin