Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,590   Online: 1061

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The pictures are great, I really like them. TMY-2 with xtol undiluted is the only combination I've used for 120 film in the last 2 years. I shoot it at 320 and process for 6:15, almost exactly what Kodak publishes for rotary tube processing. If you use the Kodak specs, you'll be pretty close (they did their homework well). Keep doing what you're doing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, great photos. In subject and pose you seem to be channeling Walton Ford. I mean that in the best way, a real dialogue going on here.
    Ditto the other's comments about the tonality achievable with TMY-2 in Xtol. I use it 1+1 with 35 mm film. Exposed at box speed as well, but don't underexpose. When TMY-2 came out, I compared it's grain to Acros' and couldn't find much difference. Amazing, two stops won and a tonality more to my liking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your comments and help everyone so far.....I was wondering whether I was missing anything with this film.....I'm going to look up Walton Ford now....heh heh....but my inspiration to embark on this is Nick Brandt's fantastic work in Africa....we all need someone to inspire us

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Hey, great photos. In subject and pose you seem to be channeling Walton Ford. I mean that in the best way, a real dialogue going on here.
    Ditto the other's comments about the tonality achievable with TMY-2 in Xtol. I use it 1+1 with 35 mm film. Exposed at box speed as well, but don't underexpose. When TMY-2 came out, I compared it's grain to Acros' and couldn't find much difference. Amazing, two stops won and a tonality more to my liking.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I know this is an old thread but the links to the images have died... any chance you have them online anywhere, I would love to see them.
    thanks!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I know that this thread is old and probable not viewed. After some long experimentation (aka-following the Kodak data sheet) I am very very happy with the results I am getting with the Tmax and Xtol. I am now going to try and shoot it at 320 vs box. Tmax and Xtol is a great combination. I heard that Trix likes Xtol as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jallee55 View Post
    I know that this thread is old and probable not viewed. After some long experimentation (aka-following the Kodak data sheet) I am very very happy with the results I am getting with the Tmax and Xtol. I am now going to try and shoot it at 320 vs box. Tmax and Xtol is a great combination. I heard that Trix likes Xtol as well
    I have used the TMax 400 with Xtol for many years now, and the combination makes for some very nice prints.

While I don't know what your output is, instead of asking whether a certain film likes a developer or not, ask whether your final output likes it or not. Changing film developers can change your negatives' properties quite a lot, and your target is always your photo paper or what the scanner can accomplish.

Prints from Tri-X / Xtol look especially great if you photograph subjects that are directly struck by your light source. In diffuse light I often find that the Xtol mutes the tonality in the highlights a little too much, unless I'm making portraits, and you need to develop the film a little bit longer.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
    I know this is an old thread but the links to the images have died... any chance you have them online anywhere, I would love to see them.
    thanks!
    Are dead links to images posted in a thread 3 years ago automatically "killed" and if so, after what period? Seems a pity given that the images really are the raison d'etre for the thread.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin