Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,656   Online: 761

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Replacement for DiXactol. Exactol etc

I ran out of DiXactol Ultra long ago, DiLuxol Vitesse recently (low solution volume - otherwise it seemed like it would go on for ever), and I'm about to run out of Exactol Lux. I've changed to W2D2+ and Pyrocat-HD instead of the DiXactol and Exactol, and Diafine instead of Diluxol Vitesse. I'll probably stick with those now.

I'd be interested to read what other people have switched to.

Thanks,
    Helen

PS I lost the instructions to Exactol Lux, and I can't find them on the web. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helen,
    I looked at Barry Thornton's web site to see what is happening to supplies since his untimely death last October. The latest message dated May 2004 indicates that there are some problems in reopening the shop but they state that it will eventually open. His web address is barrythornton.com.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Helen - I was an exactol user, but have switched to Pyrocat HD too and find that all round it is a much better developer. I dont think I'll be going back to Barry's formulas when the shop eventually re-opens. Has your experience been the same?

I have a copy of the exactol instructions on my home PC that Barry sent me - I'll email them to you when I get home from work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leon

I am thinking about switching to Pyrocat HD as a replacement for Dixactol. I have printed off Sandy King's excellent article from www.unblinkingeye.com (all 33 pages of it). However as I am a bit of a lazybones I would be very grateful if you could share your speed ratings and development times of the films you use. A bit cheeky I know but I have never been totally confident in my testing methods.

Adrian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was a staunch user of DiXactol - the single bath mostly - dual bath was usually too low contrast. I now use Pyrocat HD and am even more satisfied with the results.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin