Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,416   Online: 963

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maco Products

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Maco Products

Hey guys-

Just looking around over at Retro Photog- the folks who are famous for bringing you POP (which I'm ichin to try as soon as I have a neg big enough to contact)- man they have some interesting products-

noticed some really facinating stuff made by "Maco", including a "Cube" film described as being triple-coated with various grain emulsions (!!), a ISO 25 film, varous lith/amidol developers, and a direct positive material- among other neat stuff... Great prices also- unfortunately- the sizing on some stuff (except the IR) is "metric"- ...questions...

Has anyone used any of this stuff?

Can you get away with the 9x12 cm in 4X5 holders- maybe with a mod?

Aren't these guys totally cool and very worthy of our love and $$?

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    You have a URL?

I would like to check them out, since I am going to give JandC a try, why not them...

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Matt, unfrotunatelly they only offer roll film....tsk tsk...

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have bought products from Repro but, if we are talking about the same outlet here in UK, they are only 'up the road' from me. Who makes Maco film ?
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mobtown_4x5
    Oh no!!!!!!

Now I haven't got any money left....damn.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Roy, maco make maco products - Mr Cad have sold them here for a long while.

I think this is thier homepage (although I'm sure they used to have a dedicated site ...?

http://www.mahn.net/Frameset.htm

Roger Hicks may have said he likes Maco Cube ... but then again, he has also said one of his favourite films is Ilford SFX ... enough said?

cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Retro Photographic also sell Efke Roll and 35mm films however they are expensive compared to Photo Impex in Berlin (who also run a very efficient mail order service)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've used maco cube plus,as good as anything else-still prefer hp5 but I've used hp5 more too.Maco 820c ir film is excellent(my opinion)but I use 35mm.
    If you need to contact them e-mail at www.mahn.net I've e-mailed them a few times about their products and get a reasonably timely response.They should be able to answer any questions you have .Also if need be contact Gary Bartoloni at the light registry e-mail-gary@the lightregistry.com or check out their site. He also supplies it in the US along with freestylephoto and bhphotovideo.
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss
    Retro Photographic also sell Efke Roll and 35mm films however they are expensive compared to Photo Impex in Berlin (who also run a very efficient mail order service)
    I compared the prices on the two carefully a few months ago (based on postage to the UK).

PI had good prices, but charged a flat postage rate, which is VERY expensive if you only order a few films. Retro charge a little more, but the postage is proportional to the order size.

I figured I needed to buy about 25 rolls of efke r127 to make PI cheaper.

Mr Cad also were cheaper per film, but with a crippling postage surcharge.

I've bought a fair bit of stuff from Retro, and would recommend them, even if only because they're totally committed so supporting the communitee. One time I phoned in an order and ended up chatting for 20 mins to Nigel about tlr's.

I just got a batch of chemicals from them (Maco), as the service at the local photo shop has just got so bad I refuse to give them any more money. I'm sure they'll tell me they're dropping chemistry because no one is buying it - well I'm not buying it because they have a dreadfull range, and charge through the roof! The plan is to try a few of Retro's options and find something new to settle on as a standard dev.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin