Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,331   Online: 929

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Fleath, I don't have an iPhone, rather an Android smartphone.
    So for now, I'll also be sticking with my Moleskin.

It looks like a great app - any plans for release on different platforms in the future?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Like Fleath, I don't have an iPhone, rather an Android smartphone. So for now, I'll also be sticking with my Moleskin.
    It looks like a great app - any plans for release on different platforms in the future?
    Thanks. For those of you without iPhones - if you happen to have an iPod Touch it works on that as well.

We do plan to convert it over to the Droid. We put our hearts into this thing designing and re-designing it while it was being built. It's been a long haul and we need to take a breath... and see how the iPhone sales are.

So far everyone seems to like it - all the comments have been great. They may want another feature or two but what's there they like. I will let everyone know here when we start coding...

Thanks,

Lenny

EigerStudios

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds like an interesting program. I am going to have to check it out. I really wish apple would seperate the camera programs from the actual photography programs so stuff like this would be easier to find in the sea of 100000 auto processing camera apps in the store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes.. it is very hard to find Apps that are really for traditional photography and app's that are made for the iPhone. A new sub category would be REALLY nice :-)
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There's another thread or two around here about the Massive Dev Chart for iPhone, which is a darkroom processing timer. It also includes the Massive Dev Chart, but it's completely programmable for whatever processing times you use. Just search in iTunes for "Massive Dev Chart."

Other useful programs I have for traditional photography are iHandy level, which I've mentioned (a bubble level/protractor app); Daylight, which tells you when sunrise and sunset are, so you can figure out when the golden hour is and how much light you have left to shoot; and Easy Release, which is a model release program that's perfect for street photographers, and is recommended by Alamy, if you want to sell your travel/street shots as stock for commercial use (you can type in details, get a signature, and snap a photo of the model with you're iPhone to match the release up to the photographs later).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Downloaded the app. this morning, and started customizing for my trip on Monday.
    I've been using a Dell Pocket PC for the last two years. But, sometimes I forget the charger,
    or the USB cable, or just forgetting to pack it completely.
    But I always have the iPhone with me. Now I need to find a proper iPhone stylus so I
    this thing more efficiently. Especially once the cold weather returns, I'll be able to work with gloves on.

Has anyone come across a decent stylus for the iPhone ?

Enjoy The Weekend, And Patriotic Festivities !

Ron

From The Long Island Of New York

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    May be it is me, but I have found that a pad of paper and a pen do an excellent job. GPS?? I usually know where I am when I take a photograph.

I am sure that there are some who will find the application useful. Myself I consider it a WOMBAT.

Steve
    I have a strip of removeable gaffer's tapr on my holders where I make my notes and can peel and transfer them to an envelope after development..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For a while I was using Post-It notes on the holder, and they did work pretty well, because they could follow the neg from the holder to the temporary storage box, and then to the darkroom or the lab order, and finally to the filing sleeve, until the time I developed a batch of 11x14" negs and found a mysterious blank rectangular patch at one end of the neg. Went back to check the holder and found the Post-It inside. Evidently I'd forgotten to remove it before putting the holder in the camera, pulled the darkslide, and the Post-It stuck itself to the film, but stayed inside the holder when I unloaded it for procesing.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Iphone Iphone Iphone! if it was available for a Blackberry I try it

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Other useful programs I have for traditional photography are iHandy level, which I've mentioned (a bubble level/protractor app);
    There are definitely some good apps. I was impressed by the The Photographer's Ephmeris and LightTrac that show the exact angle of light, anywhere. That's some work...

I will add, however, that we put a photoghrapher's Level in this app. It's made to be placed on the ground class or the lens. We locked it to Horizontal or Vertical so that it wouldn't be swapping around unnecessarily - and made it so that it would give you the degrees in decimals. It should be easy to parallel the front and back standards, or to record the amount of angle one tilted the front standard down. It can also be zeroed to whatever angle you want... Our next version will make it even prettier, but it's a lot nicer to use, IMHO, than the iHandy Level, which is made for carpentry.

Lenny

EigerStudios

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin