Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,902   Online: 1114

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It there some way of using the camera in the iPhone as a viewer? Plug in the camera format (4x5, 6x12) and len size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    It there some way of using the camera in the iPhone as a viewer? Plug in the camera format (4x5, 6x12) and len size.
    There's an App for that too. I've been using "Viewfinder Pro" for a while and it's great. The price is a little steep ($14.99 US) but I can keep presets for up to four different formats and several focal lengths for each format. It's a really nice alternative to a viewing card.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sounds really cool However here in many parts of Nevada and Arizona, I have found that only Verizon or one of Verizon's subs can give me signal access...I've heard that Verizon is in the near future for the I Phone?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm thinking of getting the new iPhone once they've worked out the kinks, but meanwhile I use an iPod Touch and Verizon mi-fi, which gives me wi-fi anywhere I can get Verizon, and I can run Skype on it, which isn't quite as functional as a cellphone, but I can get messages and make calls from it, and I can receive calls when Skype is running.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Everybody:

Has any roll film users tried this app yet ?

Thanks

Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I plan to get this app, but I'm going to buy an unlocked iPhone 4 as soon as Apple deems Canadians worthy ("Coming Soon") as of this morning. No point putting it on my iPhone 3G if that phone is going to be semi-retired soon.

Sounds like good stuff! Hopefully I'll know first-hand by Christmas.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim...

Let us know how the iPhone deal works out for you.

Thanks

Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can the data collected in the field be transferred to the computer or is stuck in the iPhone?
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    Steve:

Just because we shoot old school traditional photography does not state we have to live like its 1860 !!
    Not only we don't HAVE to, but CAN'T - not completely. Although 1860 wasn't a particularly good year, we can choose the "good stuff" and shy away from the "Do it all for you so you don't have to LEARN" mind numbers ("numb" - as in "DOH!").

Some of us still work in charcoal, from time to time, when we can find empty cave walls.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wfe View Post
    Can the data collected in the field be transferred to the computer or is stuck in the iPhone?
    Bill,

Thanks for asking. At the bottom of the photo page there is a button labeled "Export Photo". This will wrap up everything you've recorded about the image and send it to the email of your choice.

We also have a web site in programming that can sync to the iPhone app. The code is already done on the app, its just getting the site done...

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Phototoolspro.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin