Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,323   Online: 993

Shooter
    35mm Pan

Rusty Lines on print

Any body got any ideas how to remove rust line left over by my now thrown away drying rack due to its bad rubber coating ?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that its just not worth fixing but I'd prefer to try anyway as I would prefer any extra ideas on cleaning the prints other than by bathing in water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can try white spirit or pure alchahol. Gently rub it on the mark in one direction only using a soft lint free cloth or a chamois leather. The solution will certainly not damage the print in any way, I have cleaned marks from prints using this method but not the sort you describe, that seems similar to a rust mark. The problem I think you have is that the mark will be dried into the emulsion if it is there as a result of a damaged drying rack.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    thanks a lot for the info.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    tried the idea but alas you were too right about the set into the print part.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin