Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,463   Online: 1244

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford Pan F developed in Rodinal

Hi everyone,

I'd be interested in your thoughts and experience of Ilford Pan F 35mm rated at ISO 50 and developed in Rodinal diluted at 1+50. Suggested ball-park times would also be appreciated at 20C.

I am only interested in this combination of film and developer at the moment, so please don't lead this thread into an alternative films / developers debate.

Tony

Images
    I would be interested in this also.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My fave 35mm film, I expose at 32 and dev at 10 mins 1:50 @ 20 deg.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Hi everyone,

I'd be interested in your thoughts and experience of Ilford Pan F 35mm rated at ISO 50 and developed in Rodinal diluted at 1+50. Suggested ball-park times would also be appreciated at 20C.

I am only interested in this combination of film and developer at the moment, so please don't lead this thread into an alternative films / developers debate.

Tony
    Pan F in 1:50 Rodinal is one of my favorite combinations - and has been for many years.

My Ilford Pan F @ ISO 50 developing time for 1:50 Rodinal is 7 minutes at 20C. Agitation: Initial 30 seconds of toroidal inversion followed by 10 seconds of toroidal inversion per minute.

For Pan F @ ISO 50 in 1:100 Rodinal, I develop for 10.5 minutes at 20C, same agitation as above.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John and Tom,

Thank you both for your replies and advice. Those ratings / timings should give both Neil and myself a good start so I'll get the film out of the fridge for tomorrow.

Kind regards Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have recently processed some Pan F Plus in Rodinal @ 1+100 dilution and really liked the resulting negatives. I have not had a chance to print yet though. I used 120 film with an EI of 25. 14 minutes @ 20ºC.

Hope this helps,

Tom Kershaw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A great combo. I usually expose at ei25 on a tripod. dilution of 1-50 for 8min @68dg using hand agitiation in a jobo drum.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use it two ways:

I develop the film rated at ISO 50 in Rodinal 1+50 for 10-12 minutes with 1 minute agitation at the beginning. Then 5 sec. (2-3 inversions) every 30 sec.
    Gives me wonderful tones.

I rate it at ISO 25 and develop in Rodinal 1+100 for 13-20 minutes depending on the contrast I want. Mostly I develop it for 16 minutes.
    Gives me great control over contrast. I use this with studio shots only.

Have a gooooood Rodinal Time.

Greetings, Morten (Rodinalution will come!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks guys, it's sounding like agitation is more important with this film / developer agitation than when I develop other combo's. Morten I agree "Rodinalution" is coming looking at all the threads around the place :-)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for all this info everyone....
    I have 3 rolls of 120 Pan F at home to develop and I just purchased a new bottle of rodinal on sat. cant wait to see the results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin