Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,682   Online: 915

Thread: EFKE developers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

EFKE developers

Browsing the data sheets of EFKE films from JandC Photo, I notice reference
    to and times for EFKE FR-14, FR-16, and FR E-24 developers. Does anybody have any information about these products? What they are, what are their characteristics, or who handles them?
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Efke FR-14 is similar to D-76. Efke no longer produces any of these developers and they are not available. FR E-24 was a high speed low grain developer with excellent push charasterics.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For Efke 25 try PMK pyro. It gives very nice results with good tonal values, sharp edges and very smooth prints. Unblinkingeye.com has a decent list of developers for Efke.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Do you have any timings for PMK + Efke 25 development? The 'massive dev chart' on www.digitaltruth.com only has times for Efke 100. Ta.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    As far as I know, EFKE only delivers FR16, which is too fast to give satisfactory results(3-4 minutes). I am using D76, 1+1, for Efke KB25 and KB50 5-6 minutes, for KB100 about 10 minutes. Or Rodinal 1+100 for 12/14/16 minutes(25/50/100 asa).
    For fast developing you can use Ilfosol S, 1+9, 4 mins for 100 asa, 3-3,5 mins for 25 and 50, but you won't have very good results, about the same as FR16.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only remaining Efke (Fotokemika) chemicals are FR-16 developer and FF-2 fixer (both liquid concentrates). The also produce fixer in powdered form (FF-4, I think).
    Nothing special, although I like the results I'm getting wuth FR-16 for paper development with Efke papers. Under certain conditions it amost acts as a warmtone developer (I noticed it mostly with my contact prints).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FR-16 is so called "universal" developer, that is, it is for film and paper. As Denis said, nothing special, but if you don't have anything else and are in a hurry, it will develop your film. I used it for developing EFKE papers, and few times I developed efke film (EFKE) it was OK. Then again, it was in my young photography days, so I didn't have much experience then (not that I have it much more today )...
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin