Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,513   Posts: 1,543,583   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agfa recommends a sodium sulphite bath to "stop" Viradon toning. And I'm sure it would make washing more efficient. It also seems to help clear the yellow tint to the paper quickly
    Last edited by john_s; 07-29-2004 at 05:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Viradon - and at least most other polysulfide toners - continue working in the wash water. To stop the toning and remove the milky film of elemental sulfur on the surface of the print, use a sulfite bath. Strong HCA is fine, or just a solution of 200g sodium sulfite in one liter water. Same as you would use to clear polaroid T55 negatives (I use the same soup for both).

When fixing in plain hypo, a longish fixing is necessary. Depending on temperature, agitation, concentration, type of print and required "archivability", about 20 minutes should do it.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Many thanks to everyone for all the assistance!

I'll have a play and let you know what happens...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin