Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,268   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fizzing can only come from the formation of SO2 which is normal.

But maybe the pH of either your prints or your water is to balme in that one.
    Work in a well ventilated area, the rotten egg smell is not only nasty but mildly toxic.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Um the oringinal post sounds a lot like undissolved fixer contaimination.
    Viradon is very picky on clean prints , found this out the hard way when I tried to hide a stain caused by a faulty drying rack.
    The viradon really drew attention around the rust stain. also after that I figured to try something by dipping the print into an old(luckly) fixer solution... this caused fizz for a bit and uneven tonality as if that really mattered anyways.
    Another print showed a small gain in latent highlight detail after toning. so its got my vote for future use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well I've given it another go.. but not on my print that I really want to tone. Tried almost everything mentioned (haven't tried mixing it up with distilled yet) and got varying levels of 'fizzing' from mild to wild! Spongeing the print under running water gave me the best result (most even toning) but it still wasn't right. What I don't understand is I've used this before (same bottle, same paper) and didn't have any fixing or uneven toning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin