Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,496   Online: 1019

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Sterling Premium VC FB Paper ~ Anyone Tried It?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this paper. Seems like $15-$25 shipped for 100ct box would be a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...830470563&rd=1

Thanks!!

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the Sterling factory was no longer in business.
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    I thought the Sterling factory was no longer in business.
    Hans

Old Stock??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This paper will be quite old stock, Sterling closed their factory in India some years ago. It was a good paper when it was fresh but it tended to go off after a 4 or 5 years, I've just dumped several boxes of 16 x 20 for that reason. As a matter of interest it was made in the old Agfa faxtory in India.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    This paper will be quite old stock, Sterling closed their factory in India some years ago. It was a good paper when it was fresh but it tended to go off after a 4 or 5 years, I've just dumped several boxes of 16 x 20 for that reason. As a matter of interest it was made in the old Agfa faxtory in India.
    Thanks for the info Les.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sterling came back after shutting down, then closed again just a couple of years ago. I've used the paper, and it is so so. It was the cheapest paper we could use in our classes at the time. The advantage for me was a local drugstore right by the college would carry it for the students, so we didn't have to drive all over to get paper.

If y9u want a bargin, go fo Adorama's rebranded paper. RC 8x10 which I use for works prints runs $57 for a 250 sheet box. The fiber is similarly priced, but different so i can't quote it. It is rebranded Ilford.
    Last edited by Aggie; 07-30-2004 at 05:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot to add something

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Sterling came back after shutting down, then closed again just a couple of years ago. I've used the paper, and it is so so. It was the cheapest paper we could use in our classes at the time. The advantage for me was a local drugstore right by the college would carry it for the students, so we didn't have to drive all over to get paper.

If y9u want a bargin, go fo Adorama's rebranded paper. RC 8x10 which I use for works prints runs $57 for a 250 sheet box. The fiber is similarly priced, but different so i can't quote it. It is rebranded Ilford.

Thanks Aggie

Jim

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I tried some earlier in the year, and both packs were fogged. From very slight to seriously fogged. I will not try again. Buying old paper is always a lottery, some a better shot than others.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin