Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,861   Online: 775

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
    This film seems to be either loved or loathed and I have noticed just how many people simply do not regard this film as worthy of use for example for LF landscape and would certainly use TRIX instead.
    Comments?

Tom
    It's great film, but you have to be careful not to blow the highlights. It's incredibly sharp in ABC pyro, but locks up after about N+1.

BTW, I would never use TRIX (that's for kids, silly rabbit). I'd use TMax.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    so everything on HP5+ looks beautiful, breathtaking and striking then, David?
    I do love England, if only because the weather reminds me of my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio, where we had 60 days of sunshine a year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    which part of england have you been visiting, David? - It's warm and sunny here for most of the summer. (and autumn too).

getting back to the point - I love HP5, although I only use roll film. I find it is best pulled about a stop in dilute perceptol or about 2/3 stop in pyrocat hd 1:1:100.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm just kidding, of course, about England, but there is something almost too linear about HP5+ for my taste. With HP5+ most of the action is happening in the middle values, and with Tri-X, the interest is at the ends of the scale. HP5+ seems more about gradation, and Tri-X is more about line, and I guess I like line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin