Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,371   Online: 814

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NER

Images

Resolving Power of BPF 200

Does anyone here happen to know what Bergger claims the resolving power of this film to be? Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NER
    Does anyone here happen to know what Bergger claims the resolving power of this film to be? Thanks.

That will depend on a variety of things in addition to the film's characteristics. Among those will be the taking lens and the developer used.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've heard 80 - 85 lp/mm, but I haven't tested it myself.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Classic 200 listed at 80 lines/mm, Classic 400 at 70 lines/mm. These values are typical of what can be expected from traditional emulsions of similar speeds. I expect Bergger is about the same. Keep in mind that these are maximum with high contrast test targets and optimal development. Lens quality, stability of camera, subject contrast, etc all come into play.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gma
    Classic 200 listed at 80 lines/mm, Classic 400 at 70 lines/mm. These values are typical of what can be expected from traditional emulsions of similar speeds. I expect Bergger is about the same. Keep in mind that these are maximum with high contrast test targets and optimal development. Lens quality, stability of camera, subject contrast, etc all come into play.
    Bergger is a genetic twin of Classic 200 so I would expect the resolving power of the films to be very similar

Sandy

NER

Images
    Thanks. I know what resolving power is. I was looking for a lpmm number. I have posed this question to Bergger. If they write back, I'll let you know what they say.

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I doubt that any manufacturer will commit to a lpmm number without a lot of qualifications. Usually I have seen resolution numbers posted by a retailer or other third party.

NER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gma
    I doubt that any manufacturer will commit to a lpmm number without a lot of qualifications. Usually I have seen resolution numbers posted by a retailer or other third party.
    Maybe. But here (http://www.efkefilm.com/Efkedata.htm) Efke publishes 90 lines/mm for PL 100.

Quote Originally Posted by NER
    The same as Classic 200, 80 lpmm as quoted by the manufacturer.

NER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    The same as Classic 200, 80 lpmm as quoted by the manufacturer.
    Can you direct me to the source (a URL, perhaps) of this information, please? Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin