Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,110   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC
    Sandy King wrote: "Wonder why are experiences are so different?"

That's my experience and question too. Tom, I've also used Delta 100 to create AZO prints on G2 paper under low and high contrast conditions. Curious, what developer you were using with Delta? Weird.

Regards, Pete
    Delta 100 4x5 sheet film (also 120 roll film) in Rodinal 50:1. I also have examples developed in Pyrocat-HD 1:1:100. All developed with 5 seconds of agitation per minute. I have duplicate shots on 120 roll film (same camera & lens but smaller area) 6x12 cm negs on J&C New Classic 400 and Delta 100. The J&C 400 handled the extreme contrast situation well, the Delta 100 did not.

Guess I need to run the film through the densitometer and see if I can figure out what gives.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm waiting for cans of Delta 100 and 400 I've purchased at Ebay, never used them before.

But from my past experience with TMX, it's very easy to blow highlights with tabular grain films.
    Could this be the reason?

Jorge O
    Curitiba - nice place to live, if you don't care about the weather...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    I'm waiting for cans of Delta 100 and 400 I've purchased at Ebay, never used them before.

But from my past experience with TMX, it's very easy to blow highlights with tabular grain films.
    Could this be the reason?

Jorge O
    Blown highlights were my problem, Jorge.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC
    I have a 30x40 print that was made from a Xtol developed 4x5 Delta 100 negative. Everyone that sees it is amazed by it, because it has the complete range of tones, wonderful shadow & highlight (snow) detail and you can put your nose to the print and there is no hint of grain.

Delta 100 is a very nice film, don't hesitate using it.

Regards, Pete
    How do those prints react to selenium toning? My preference in B&W is prints that show a full range of tones and detail.

Thanks,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    Blown highlights were my problem, Jorge.

But if this is the case it indicates that the negatives were developed to a very high CI, which suggests that the film has excellent expansion capability but that development was too long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    But if this is the case it indicates that the negatives were developed to a very high CI, which suggests that the film has excellent expansion capability but that development was too long.
    Good point, Sandy. I need to re-look at the negs and do some densitometry.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    For a diffrent and slightly better result try
    working with Sam Elkind's variation.
    Xtol = 100 mL
    water = 400 mL
    Rodinal = 4 to 5 mL

Times @ 24 degrees C. are:
    Tri-X (200) = 9 minutes.
    Delta 100 = 10.5 minutes.
    Verichrome = 8.5 minutes.

this post is Basically a cut and paste job but the results looked
    interesting enough to me and since the suggestions have already included these I thought it'd be something you may want to try.

Your only a crackpot until you hit the jackpot - van braun

One day Ill come up with an idea all my very own - SMcFadden

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I only shoot Delta 100 in 120 and 35, but I am very fond of the film. I do find it is easier to blow out highlights with Delta than with a lot of other films, but I like the range od values and fine grain in delta. Give it a shot and just be careful with metering and developing times. I use D-76 with it BTW.
    Julia

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used Delta 100 in XTOL in various dilutions and have always got excelent results. Prior to XTOL I had used Rodinal and had problems controlling highlights but XTOL takes care of that problem.

I have also used Pyrocat-HD and although similar to Xtol it gives me great negatives at full film speed, while the Xtol usually gives best results (for me) at an ei of 50-80.

I don't think I would have the lab develop anything important without first having some test negatives develop. At least you can determine the best ei for the procedures and chemistry that they use.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have shot Dlta 100 a few times and developed it in IlfosolS, Rodinal and Id-11

I liked Delta, even though I prefer the traditional grain films. I found it lacked the "snap" I got from APX100.
    Blown highlights tended to be a problem, no presoaking helped and agitating a tad less tha usual (once a minute) also helped.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin