Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,481   Posts: 1,571,146   Online: 1168

Shooter
    Medium Format

Prescysol in Australia?

Is anyone in Oz importing Peter Hogan's Prescycol or any other of his chemicals? In some previous correspondence he mentioned that he ships to Australia but the freight costs were horrendous for small orders and I thought maybe I could piggy back on someone else's order and bring the overall cost down a bit.
    Leigh Youdale
    0417 210 437

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never seen it locally. I did buy some from the UK about 5 years ago. It was reasonably expensive but I wanted to try it. Got some good results but couldn't say I tested it in depth. The results I got weren't so wondeful that I wanted to go to the bother/expense of getting any more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Michael,
    What then, do you favour as a fine grain developer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered and received some Prescysol from either Freestyle or Bostick and Sullivan a few years ago. The containers leaked so badly I had to toss the lot. So I mixed up some Pyrocat-HD, using propylene glycol in Solution A. Makes a nice staining developer, and have heard that it is very similar to Prescysol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried, liked and trusted Prescysol when he first started making it. I needed to order some unexpectedly during the coldest winter months when I've had trouble with frozen/broken deliveries of liquids. I made up some Pyrocat-HD instead and to my eyes, I couldn't tell them apart.... They printed very much the same. I played with various versions and settled on the Pyrocat-MC as my go-to developer these days. If you find some easier access to Prescysol, I certainly wouldn't dissuade that for you, though!
    Craig Schroeder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin