Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,041   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Like RalphLambrect, Tmax400 means you can have your cake and eat it too. It's just about the fastest 400 speed film, with its short toe it tolerates underexposure well, and its grain and sharpness are comparable to Plus-X. I'm close to just shooting tmax400 in every format, for everything. I kind of have a love affair with Neopan 400 but now that's gone in medium format.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also must consider the use of filters. Yea you can shoot FP4 in bright sunny conditions, but throw an orange and a polarizer filter on and your lens and it eats up stops quick. Also, you wouldn't choose a 400 speed film to shoot portraits in bright conditions where you'll be using f/4, f/5.6.

I used to find a 400 speed film perfect for everything hand holdable, and it really is besides in blaring sunlight. But lately I'm really falling in love with FP4 and am making it work no matter what I have to do, even if it means using a tripod most of the time. I'm still trying to replace Neopan 400. I think I'm gonna give TMY-2 another try. If I can get TMY-2 to work, atleast in low-light I'll be set with FP4 and TMY-2 for everything I personally encounter photographically.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brian

I think, you'll find TMY-2 to be a good choice. Let us know!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    This is one of the reasons having interchangeable backs on your medium format cameras is really nice.
    I agree, and it even works with multiple cameras for 35mm. In some cases, it costs less than interchangeable MF backs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35mmZoneSystem.jpg  
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have four Hasselblad backs:
    Color C-41 160 and 400
    Black & White 125 and 400
    so I have to check the back before I shoot so the exposure is set correctly.

Four 35mm one silver Nikon for 400 Color and a black Nikon for black& white.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin