Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,456   Online: 993

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mrh

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    My times for Grade two Azo (1.65 density range) are as follows:

SBR 7 ---26 minutes
    SBR 6 ---38 minutes
    SBR 5 ---50 minutes

Hope that this helps. Good luck

Donald Miller[/QUOTE]

Doanld:

For these times and SBR, what dilution are you using?

Thanks.

Matthew

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh

SBR 7 ---26 minutes
    SBR 6 ---38 minutes
    SBR 5 ---50 minutes

Donald Miller
    Doanld:

For these times and SBR, what dilution are you using?

Thanks.

My dilution is 1-1-150

Matthew[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rodinal 1:100 Semi-Stand Develpment

[QUOTE=roy]
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    also - does semi-stand development work well with roll film

In my experience, it does. In the thread "FP4+ grain in Rodinal" of a few weeks ago, I mentioned that I had successfully developed an out of date film in several years old developer. I did not give it 30 minutes, more like 20 but the whole thing was an experiment and, although there was nothing on the film that was of major importance, the whole film was good and each shot was a bonus. Shoot off a spare film and try it.
    Well, went out today and shot a roll of FP4+, then developed it in Rodinal 1:100, 30 minutes agitation was maybe every 8 minutes for 10 seconds. First thing I noticed was the developer came out pretty yellow, which was a little more noticeable than 1:50 or so. The negatives came out nice..now I must admit the test was a bit of a bust for the following reasons..forgot my light meter so exposure was base off of 'Sunny f/16', EI was 64. Then I seem to have something either in the camera or on the insert that keeps scratching the film, and last of all the light was flat - overcast, hazy, etc.

I will try to attach photo, if not will add it to technical gallery.

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ChristianChurch2.jpg  
    Last edited by photomc; 08-07-2004 at 06:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: just one of those times...
    Mike C

Rambles

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Well, went out today and shot a roll of FP4+, then developed it in Rodinal 1:100 First thing I noticed was the developer came out pretty yellow, which was a little more noticeable than 1:50 or so. The negatives came out nice
    At least you have something to go on if you wish to experiment more. I have to say that my Rodinal started dark brown and the colour only improved with dilution !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice photo, is the "halo" around the church something you expected?
    It seesm to me that the clouds around it are much brighter than the rest.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    Ron, I hope that you won't mind my reply to your question. My development procedures with Efke PL 100 are as follows.

1. Five minute presoak
    2. One minute agitation followed by no agitation then 15 second agitation at one third and two thirds of total development time.
    3. 30 second stop bath at 1/4 of normal dilution (acetic acid)
    4. Four minute fix
    5. twenty minute wash consisting of 5 dumps and refills.

I use BTZS type tubes...the same ones that Francesco uses...I believe... since I built them for him.

SBR 7 ---26 minutes
    SBR 6 ---38 minutes
    SBR 5 ---50 minutes

My times for enlarging on VC materials (condensor enlarger 1.15 DR) are as follows:
    SBR 7 ---16 minutes
    SBR 6 ---28 minutes
    SBR 5 ---38 minutes

Donald Miller
    Don, Francesco, Sandy, et al,

How did you work out your development times? Hopefully not a whole bunch of trial and error. I will be doing this soon, but without the aid of densitometer.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Not much trial and error at all Alex. I already have my times using tubes and continuous agitation. I simply increased the times by 30%, 100%, 200% and 300%. Made 4 negatives of one scene of SBR 7 and another of SBR 10. Developed both to the 4 different adjusted times. Printed all of them on G2 AZO. Selected the time that works and adjust the rest of my times accordingly. The more I use minimal agitation the better the tweaking of the times got. Did not take me long at all (or that many negatives) to settle on a range of times. I use a dilution of 1:1:120 and my times are for negatives destined for AZO printing (they are quite dense).
    Francesco

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Francesco. Looks like something I can handle.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Alex,

I worked up my development times by tailoring the negatives to the exposure scale of Azo paper. I found that grade two Azo will handle a density range of 1.65 and grade three Azo will handle a density range of 1.35.

I determined this by testing the paper with a reflection densitometer and by testing the negatives with a transmission densitometer.

The times that I have stated above will provide those negative densities if the same temperature, dilution, and agitation procedure are adhered to.

My dilution is 1-1-150 and the temperature is 70 degrees.

Good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    At least you have something to go on if you wish to experiment more. I have to say that my Rodinal started dark brown and the colour only improved with dilution !
    Roy, how old was the rodinal you used and how much concentrate did you use? The bottle I'm using now was just opened a week ago and only used 10ml, so it was quite dilute. Have noticed the older the stock, then the browner the working developer is.

Went back and re-shoot the image in the technical gallery using 4x5 then stand development, will post something when I get it. Since the water temp was around 75 F, went with 20 minutes in Rodinal 1:100, very minimal agitation in using tray development. The negatives still have good shadow/highlight details - film was FP4+ rated at 64.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin