Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,675   Online: 787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer
    What I get from The Chemistry Store is the 99% at about $16 per gallon + shipping. Propylene glycol is the same price. These are grades suitable for use in cosmetics.
    So-called "green" antifreeze is propylene glycol and is available at some auto stores. I bought a gallon locally for $3. Works fine. It's harder to find in auto stores however because either 1)the ethylene glycol big boys like Prestone, etc. have poisoned the market against the PG types, OR 2)some mechanics say that the PG stuff actually makes the radiator rust out sooner than the EG type. Take your pick.

Larry

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac
    So-called "green" antifreeze is propylene glycol and is available at some auto stores. I bought a gallon locally for $3. Works fine. It's harder to find in auto stores however because either 1)the ethylene glycol big boys like Prestone, etc. have poisoned the market against the PG types, OR 2)some mechanics say that the PG stuff actually makes the radiator rust out sooner than the EG type. Take your pick.

Larry
    It's been a long time since I have seen a radiator that could rust. It's hard to see how either glycol could cause "rusting" and they both have corrosion inhibitors anyway. Ethylene glycol is bad for children and dogs because it is sweet, poisonous, and children and dogs love sweets and cannot read labels. I think it's propaganda by the manufacturers of ethylene glycol antifreeze.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of this discussion got me to thinking about the lyrics for O. of O.'s old theme song: "Keep them guessing, with Oil of Olay" . Is it only me, or is there a deeper meaning to those words. Could this be the much discussed, highly sought after photo/artist's/ elixir, guaranteed to instantly inject an image with subtle level of depth & mystique, or at least seem to???

And think of how youthfull your hands will look after using it for a few weeks!
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin