Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,268   Online: 762

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FA 1027 film developer

http://www.fineartphotosupply.com/FA...0Developer.htm

Has anyone tried this film developer? If so, how did you like it?
    Last edited by Aggie; 08-06-2004 at 02:14 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: computer fingers

Images
    Any developer that needs that much hype to sell isn't worth trying in my book. "This is the best black and white film developer available" Give me a break
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a bottle that I plan on trying. I don't expect it to be much better than DD-X or HC-110 but who knows. Maybe I will test it this weekend - I will let you know.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Any developer that needs that much hype to sell isn't worth trying in my book. "This is the best black and white film developer available" Give me a break
    If that is true, then why are we using anyones developer? I doubt there'snot been any that haven't been hyped at one time or another by one expert or another.
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope that they are more careful with their "precise balance between Phenidone and the developing agent Hydroquinone" than they are with the controls on their hype generator. Agfa Acros? HC-100? HC stands for 'high contrast' in HC-110?

Best,
    Helen

Images
    I saw that blurb and was turned off by it.
    The optimum ratio of hydroquinone to phenidone in my experience is as high as you can go. The peak at 40:1 in the superadditivity curve shown in "Theory og the Photographic Process" is a bit misleading, as it shows what happens as you increase one agent as you decrease the other. If you held phenidone constant while increasing hydroquinone you would see an increase in activity asymptotically approaching a maximum, with little change after a ratio of 40:1. Excess hydroquinone above 40:1 increases the capacity, which may be usefull to users of tube processors, and increases resistance to aerial oxidation. Beside, you and I know that when you are "optimizing" a developer, you add this or that until you get what you want and then write down the result.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Large Format
    The ability to produce an optimum negative with any black and white film, whether standard “random grain” (HP-5, FP-4, Pan –F, Tri-X, etc), or “fabricated grain” or “T-Grain” (Ilford Delta 100, Kodak T-Max, Agfa Acros). You get the same, full information negative, only the development times change.

I like this one better. Excuse my ignorance, but isnt this how all developers work?

I had not visited this site since it opened, some of the infromation I found here seems to be less than accurate in favor of hype.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "FA-1027 maintains a precise balance between Phenidone and the developing agent Hydroquinone. It also utilizes 2 restrainers, Potassium Bromide and (sic) Benzatriazole. This accounts for (sic) it’s remarkable performance."

Yeah, their hype generator was definitely in hyperdrive.... But it's clear that its spelling and grammar checkers are not functioning.

Sounds like FA may have re-discovered Kodak's HC110.

On the other hand, they may have just bottled up Pat Gainer's Phenidone/Hydroquinone/Polyethylene Glycol (or TEA) formulation, adding a smidgen of KBr and Benzotriazole for good measure.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Images
    It is a new company. Their hype will dwindle I hope. But I wish them luck as it must be tough to get a traditional photo business going these days.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds very much like FX-37 with bromide instead of iodide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin