Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,926   Online: 873

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    no replenishment and no two or three part developers -- single shot only.
    Well, arent you picky, I see now why you got stranded on an island all by yourself.....:P

Why not D-76 or HC-110? they are both old reliable film developers you can use. My choice would be HC-110, you have plethora of dilutions to choose, works very well for expansion and contraction, it is a one shot developer and produces pretty nice grain with most films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tri X with Rodinal because it will never go bad on me and it produces lovely sharp grain and with Tri X negatives that will really zing.
    I choose Tri X because faster films are lower in contrast than slow or medium films therefore in the bright sunny conditions of Mr Callows Tropical Island contrast would be less of a problem. On the odd dull day I could push the development.

Plain Hypo Fix.

Paper Ilford Warmtone and Kodak Ektalure

Paper dev Zone VI and Ethol LPD.

Can I have a small computer?.................only kidding guys..... before I get myself banished. It's the wacky Brit sense of humour.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    Can I have a small computer?.................only kidding guys..... before I get myself banished. It's the wacky Brit sense of humour.
    Of course you can have a computer, Les! How else will the rest of us get to see the great photos you will no doubt create unless you can post them on APUG?

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On this desert island..would there be anything worth taking a picture of?
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

Stranded, eh...

My first answer would be Rodinal, it would never go bad. My second answer would be Xtol, because it is a good source of vitamin c ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    On this desert island..would there be anything worth taking a picture of?
    I never said it was a desert. Could be Manhattan (without cab fare and banned from the subways for taking pictures) or any other place surrounded by water.

Images
    Frankly, I think hand inversion would be more feasible on a desert island.
    You might have a problem getting the Professor to make you a bicycle generator out of bamboo, vines and coconuts so that you could use the Wing-Lynch.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    I never said it was a desert. Could be Manhattan (without cab fare and banned from the subways for taking pictures) or any other place surrounded by water.
    OK, been there, done that: Easter Island, 1981. Developer: Rodinal 1:50, Panatomic X, Agfa 25 and Tech Pan developed by hand inversion in SS tanks. Printing: Borrowed enlarger w/Schneider Componon, Agfa Brovira, Dektol. Film and prints fixed in Kodak non-hardening fixer. Oh and the 70mm Tech Pan was developed in Bill Anneman's Perfection XR-1.

When I left, I traded my remaining film, paper, chemistry, tanks, etc. (and my extra Levis) for wood carvings.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH
    My first answer would be Rodinal, it would never go bad. My second answer would be Xtol, because it is a good source of vitamin c ;-)
    I hate to tell you, but XTOL has no vitamin C. It uses isoascorbic acid AKA erythorbic acid or d-ascorbic acid, the mirror image of vitamin C which is l-ascorbic acid. Your body looks at it and tells it to go away. The empirical formulas are the same: C6H8O6, but our bodies can tell the difference. I have used both in developers and find no difference so far as film and paper are concerned.

I know you weren't seriously considering drinking XTOL.
    Gadget Gainer

Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Forget photography. I will stick with my standard "Stranded on a Desert Island" answer of... Brooke Burke.
    Neal,
    Where have I been living, Mars? I never heard of Brooke. A quick web search educated me quickly! As long as she can mix the developer and climb the trees for the coconuts, she seems like a good choice...

Speaking of choices, I'd take Tri-X 320, Pyrocat for EI 200 and Acufine for 640. Kodak rapid fix would be just fine.
    Take care,
    Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin