Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,607   Online: 1071

Thread: Blotters

Shooter
    Multi Format

Blotters

Does anyone know how long a book of blotter paper lasts? Does anyone know how to remove Blotter paper lint off a print? (Ilford MGF.5k matt paper)

Images
    I used blotters for a while with good results. A few layers between the prints allow for even drying and flat prints _BUT_ I found that I had to move the damp prints to fresh, dry blotters at least once during the drying process. The one time I didn't it was a lint nightmare. I just re-soaked the prints in water with a bit of Photo-Flo and saved the prints but never used blotters again. Too much hassle. Now I just hang them until dry and give them several seconds in the dry mounting press. Fast, Easy and the results are always perfect.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The waxy sheet in between the blotter books make good dry-mount "release" paper. 'bout all blotter books are good for, IMHO.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mobtown_4x5
    The waxy sheet in between the blotter books make good dry-mount "release" paper. 'bout all blotter books are good for, IMHO.

Matt
    I guess that's what I get for not asking sooner :rolleyes: . Looks like motivation for making those drying screen...
    Thanks Flotsam for the tip on the bit of photo-flo in the re-soak.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin