Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,414   Online: 932

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Absolutely wonderful video. I had heard of Robin, but didn't realize how many great photographers' work was printed by him.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, ooze , for posting the link. To see a master printer like Robin in action today realy started up my working spirit again.

Karl-Gustaf

Shooter
    35mm

The Silver Footprint Video

I would like to thank all of you who have watched my Robin Bell Film, The Silver Footprint and comment on the comments you have made.

Most people have been very complimentary and got the point of the film. I am a documentary film maker and my project was to make a profile on an interesting man and his craft, that would be accessible to a varied audience. Its purpose was for film festivals and hopefully TV (educational or middle of the night!). I was not making a film about the techniques of printing and certainly not a promo for Ilford, although I think darkroom printers should be on their knees thanking Ilford as almost the last company making a range of chemicals and papers to keep the art alive, especially in colleges. The Ilford section was, as some pointed out, how a darkroom craftsman needs their technology for supplies, and I think for the average viewer, a respite from dodging and burning!

I will be taking the film off the public domain on Thursday September 30th for a new soundtrack and to shoot 'extras' of Robin showing techniques for 30 minutes or so for the DVD which will go on sale later in the year.

I hope this will be welcome to your members, and again I thank you all for your interest

Richard Dunkley, Director.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard,

An interesting film, but did intend the rather "mystic" tone?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Richard, this has been most inspiring. I hope that when the finished film is available you will re-post this segment, as it is certainly a good promo for the final product. Please keep us abreast of your progress.
    Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Great film and please let us know when and where it is available!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Richard for a very inspirational little production, the likes of which we rarely get to see - if ever. It's a pity stuff like this isn't shown more in the mainstream.... would make a refreshing change from the constant overload of motormouth celebrity chefs and the like !!

I had the pleasure of meeting Robin very recently at an awards evening, regarding B&W magazines annual photography competition.

Keep up the good work and inform us of any similar future productions.

Bill
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great film- thanks for posting the link.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you Richard for making the documentary, and I love the production quality of the film. Please post when and where I can buy the final product. Also, in your film, I saw Robin is mixing raw chemical, can you please ask him what those chemicals are for?

Shooter
    35mm

Robin Bell Film

I think I forgot to add this You Tube link, where anyone can see a short 'Trailer' version of the film while I am re-editing the full length
    http://www.youtube.com/user/richarddunkley The Silver Footprint
    If anyone has requests or ideas for the technique extras, please E mail me as we shoot in about 10 days
    Richard Dunkley

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin