Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,407   Online: 1097

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Silver Footprint: Robin Bell Video

Saw this one over at the rangefinderforum. Great video IMO.

http://vimeo.com/13659991

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ooze View Post
    Saw this one over at the rangefinderforum. Great video IMO.

http://vimeo.com/13659991
    If you like it, why not post it on the APUG Video section as well , that will keep it available... It is very easy:

- Go to "Videos" here on APUG. It is a menu-item in the top menu bar.
    - Scroll down the opened page. At the bottom there is a "Submit media" option.
    - Copy the URL you linked here in the "Media URL" text line. Choose a category.
    - Click "Retrieve information". This will extract the video's data like description etc. and show it in a new window.
    - Confirm it all and add the video by hitting the "Submit Media" button at the bottom of that page.

The APUG Video section just sets up links to already existing videos on sites like YouTube or Vimeo, so you don't have to go through the trouble of downloading and uploading a real video.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Wonderful!!

Shooter
    35mm
    great video... thanks for sharing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Besides Robin Bell's, and the photographers he prints for, beautiful work, I also liked the small peek into the Ilford production plant. First time I see it.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    WOW!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Silver Footprint

"A 'rough cut' version of a documentary on the work of photographic Master Printer Robin Bell, as a book of his life's work is published. The final sound mix and voiceover will be added in the next weeks. Robin Bell is the printer to many of the world's top photographers and photographic archives and his work hangs in countless galleries and is published in books, magazines and advertising campaigns worldwide.
    Despite the onslaught of digital technology, artist printers like Robin Bell survive, as many galleries and collectors still prize the beauty of a real silver gelatin print."

The Silver Footprint
    Last edited by clayne; 09-26-2010 at 05:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Threads need merging

Can this thread be merged with the existing one by one of the moderators?:

Robin Bell video thread

Oh, and the link in the above post by Clayne doesn't work...

Marco
    Last edited by Marco B; 09-26-2010 at 05:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woops, sorry, didn't realize there was an existing one.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two threads merged.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin