Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,493   Online: 1078

Jas

Shooter
    35mm

ID-11 How to Mix?

Hi,
    Someone gave my son, who gave to me 6 boxes of this developer. I have never used this before, but have read that it is the same as D-76. It states on the box that it makes 5 liters when mixed. My question is this: all my chemistry bottles hold only a gallon, so how do I mix this ?
    Thanks for your replies,
    Judith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You get a plastic measuring cylinder that holds 5 litres. Most supermarkets etc sell them in the kitchen section marked in Imperial US or British as well as metric. Storage can be in any size bottles you want, so use a gallon one and a smaller bottle for what's left over, better still use half gallon bottles.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unless you are going to use all of it rapidly, you would be better off getting several smaller bottles and filling them to the brim and capping.

Keeping oxygen out is the goal, so a smaller bottle that either you use all the contents up or will use the remaining in a week or two, is the ideal.

Or, bigger bottles and displace the oxygen with an inert gas such as nitrogen or argon.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you plan to use it 1+1 or 1+3 you can consider to solve it in a gallon and then dilute more. I am sure it solves in a gallon.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too easy. Get a round plastic mop bucket (about 10L capacity) and large plastic slotted spoon for mixing at your local housewares supplier. I got mine at the local 99 cent store. Once mixed, decant it into smaller bottles. I use cast off 1L soda bottles, and they work fine. You can use a greater number of smaller bottles if you like. It's not a good idea to store developers in 1 gallon jugs anyway. Too much air.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just use your camera more! that way your developer will go in a blink.
    vive la resistance!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin