Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,631   Online: 803

Shooter
    Multi Format

New X-ray question

No mention of how intense this is.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/09...hit-US-streets

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The content of the link rightly raises concerns. However - film irradiation would not be my main issue with these scanners ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think this equipment is intended to be used while the vehicles are occupied.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the article - Moreover, law enforcement already has broad search-and-seizure powers on public highways, where a search warrant is often not needed for officers to instigate a physical search.
    But there must be probably cause for a search or anything they find will get tossed out of court later.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    I don't think this equipment is intended to be used while the vehicles are occupied.
    Yes indeed it is. (As explicitely stated by the manufacturer, further stating that this technology is save for passengers and showing images with passengers included.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    But there must be probably cause for a search or anything they find will get tossed out of court later.
    I doubt that's how it will go down.

I suspect that the order of events will be that the device provides the officer with probable cause, and then a subsequent physical search provides evidence that will be admissible. I don't think the x-ray scanner pictures will need to be introduced as evidence.

We are rapidly becoming a nation of oligarchs against the proletariat. And neither of the "parties" in the two party system are trustworthy. But that's not a conversation suitable for B&W Film or Paper. We can fork to the soapbox if anyone want to rant with me.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin