Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,330   Online: 1163

Images

Another unicolor question

probably a dumb question.

Thanks to Brian I have another unicolor tank that I will try to use to develope with. Hopefully this will take care of the scratches I get with tubes the hassel of tray processing. I was reading the instruction and they say to roll the things very forcefully. This does not make since. Do I really knock it off it's base "Smartly" and roll it back and forth smartly as well?

Am I right in assuming I should roll it back and forth steadily and not "smartley"?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    Are you hand rolling it? I would do it gently and slowly for film. Remember, the instructions are for prints.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would get a uniroller or beseler motor base ASAP. Your arms are going to get mighty tired rolling that drum back 'n forth. :-)
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Images
    I keep getting out bid on the rollers, but I am patient. So yes I will be doing it by hand. I figure it will be no different than bobbing tubes in a tub.

Brian,
    Your right about it being for prints. I was just clarifying, because I am real damn tired of killing negatives.

Viva la unicolor (at least I hope)
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    Good Afternoon, Mark,

Keep trying on the motor base. I recently purchased one on E-Bay for about $15.00.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, read somewhere recently where someone took 4 of the plastic disk used to move furniture and placed on some wood in a V formation as an aid to rolling by hand. Might make it easier, though not a motor base. Was lucky and got one with 3 tubes for $25 at a camera show a couple of years ago...my problem was with the negatives moving around and overlapping..went back to trays...been looking at the Summitek (sp?) cradle.
    Mike C

Rambles

Images
    Somewhere around here, someone had the idea of splitting some small plastic pipe. I tried it, slipped in four of my many screwed up negatives with these split pipe spacers (they clamp over the ridges real well) and shook the bageeses out of the tube while watching TV. nothing over lapped and the pipe did not come off. I put water in it and did the same thing. No leaks and no slippage. Took about two minutes to cut the little tubes. My hopes are up.

I am still trying for the rollers but until then hand rolling on the table is fine. the V thing sounds interesting but I would need to see one. I can't figure out how it would work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help is on the way!

This thread on photo.net has pictures of the elusive spacer for unicolor drums to keep multiple 4X5 prints/negatives apart during processing. I made mine from a piece of rubber scavenged from a snare drum practice pad (long story). A couple of the pix have a ruler included for scale, so it's not hard to make one.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin