Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,452   Online: 703

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no argument, just comments.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    I use this fogging developer in bw-slide process. process as follow:
    1) 1st developer
    2) bleach
    3) fogging developer (SnCl+Rodinal)
    so I have just one reply to all your things - its really work
    However that means needing to use 2 different developers, I think I would rather, use the first developer, bleach, foggant then stick it back into the developer to get the second image. Although I suppose if you were tossing it, you could dump the SnCl into it while the bleach step is happening, but what if you forget???
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    you don't need put film in to any developer after fogging developer!

Thanks Relayer for your one shot fogging developer formula. I came across this this thread as I have just been experimenting with my own reversals after doing much research. I tried your formula but found that I never got deep enough blacks. I think this was partly due to the bleaching process where I found using a dichromate bleach of 6g/ltr cleared the leader of Foma 100 film in under 2 mins and I first started bleaching for 5 mins. At first I wasn't sure when I could open the tank to check. I have halved that concentration and can control this phase more accurately to clear the leader in 3 to 4 mins.

I understand that the amount Stannous Chloride for the fogging phase is dependent on film. Anyhow as I wasn't getting deep enough blacks I increased the Rodinal content by half and this gave good blacks with the Foma 100. I found that the SnCl2 dissolved fine in the glycol. The notes from the supplier said that impurities will cause a cloudy solution. Also, I can only get Stannous Chloride Hemihydrate, I did not make any adjustments to the formula because I don't if what to if your formula is anhydrous.

I also tried re-exposure by using a flashgun, 5 or 6 blasts per side with the film on the reel and then a second development. Worked well with the test strips but the final effect is a cool tone whereas the fogging developer gives a warmer tone similar to Agfa Scala I am using as a standard comparison.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin